Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new yoke retrofit quote, should I do it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got an estimate from SC to do it. yoke with revision H, $1000. yoke airbag, $600. labor, ~$100
I really like yoke, because the round one blocks my view to the gauge cluster so that I either have to sit weirdly or have the top portion of the gauge blocked. I tried it in a rental earlier and found it to be cool looking and not hard to use.

However, for $1850 after tax, that's quite a lot for a yoke.. But then I can't find anyone else online selling newer H revision..
There are people selling napa wrapped yoke, for cheaper, but I'd use my own airbag. not sure if that's safe.
Any other aftermarket recommendation? I found this Original Tesla Plaid Steering Wheel For 2021 Model S X|Hansshow, for $800. but not sure about the quality, and the stiching seems to be right at where one would grip the wheel which I can imagine would be uncomfortable

Is this latest?

Ha, it says factory stock, latest design. G was the latest until H came along and now the latest will be the revision for November. Before buying, you have to ask which revision it is. That's like reading posts on TMC where they say they have the latest software.

got an estimate from SC to do it. yoke with revision H, $1000. yoke airbag, $600. labor, ~$100
I really like yoke, because the round one blocks my view to the gauge cluster so that I either have to sit weirdly or have the top portion of the gauge blocked. I tried it in a rental earlier and found it to be cool looking and not hard to use.

However, for $1850 after tax, that's quite a lot for a yoke.. But then I can't find anyone else online selling newer H revision..
There are people selling napa wrapped yoke, for cheaper, but I'd use my own airbag. not sure if that's safe.
Any other aftermarket recommendation? I found this Original Tesla Plaid Steering Wheel For 2021 Model S X|Hansshow, for $800. but not sure about the quality, and the stiching seems to be right at where one would grip the wheel which I can imagine would be uncomfortable
That cost seems excessive. I wonder if yoke is swappable with wheel, and if you could find someone to trade with on forum.

Any other aftermarket recommendation? I found this Original Tesla Plaid Steering Wheel For 2021 Model S X|Hansshow, for $800. but not sure about the quality, and the stitching seems to be right at where one would grip the wheel which I can imagine would be uncomfortable
Using your airbag is completely safe, and that's what is used with the aftermarket yokes. I haven't heard any complaints about the Hansshow yokes.

I'm waiting for a quote from Tesla right now and was wondering if you went ahead with the change. If so, do you like it?
Did you figure out a way to get a lower cost option? Curious to know how this worked out for you.