Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New warning icon in energy app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why does it bug you so much that I find it helpful?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it's not static. Knowing where that line is tells me how early to let up on the go pedal. It's just something that I have grown accustomed to that I find useful and that informs certain aspects of how I drive. Again, why does the fact that I appreciate the added information bother you?

You probably have the new display with less information which you appreciate. That's fantastic for you. I have the pre-AP display and love that the information was not taken away. That's fantastic for me. We are both happy, then, aren't we?

I will continue not understanding and liking my new display :D

It doesn't bother me that you want added information. It would bother me if I had what I deem less than useful information forced upon me and cluttering the clean look, due to a few vocal power users.

I will continue not understanding and liking my new display :D

It doesn't bother me that you want added information. It would bother me if I had what I deem less than useful information forced upon me and cluttering the clean look, due to a few vocal power users.
The display already has some numbers scattered around it, would placing them more strategically, and adding a couple of tick marks to see where the numbers actually refer to really "clutter" the clean look?

Such minor changes would be visually almost identical to right now, but actually make the app useful, I really can't understand any resistance to it. the clean look doesn't change, but it becomes useful, how's this bad in any way?

And I don't understand how someone would care if the regen is at 23.5kW or 27.7kW. A quick glance to the IC can give you a ballpark of how much your regen is limited, without requiring extra tick marks. How are you going to adjust your driving knowing you have an extra 4kW or regen? You wont. And you can eyeball if you have an extra 15kW of regen from the tic marks that are there now.

Some people have the perspective of "more is better". Which is fine for them. But it does nothing for me. Lots of complaining and the clock is back on the IC. Do I like it on the IC? eh, no biggie. Lots of complaining and the temp moved from the 17" to the IC. Do I like it on the IC? Nope. Not because it clutters the look, but because I preferred it on the 17" display. Why did it get changes? In part due to the vocal members on TMC.

As to your question: I'm fine with adding faint grid lines to the middle of that circle (energy history?), but I don't need to see lines with numbers telling me if it's 5 miles, 10 miles, 15miles, etc. I can figure it out on my own. As to the outside of the circle, I think the resolution is good enough. I don't need more numbers. If you add tic lines, you know someone is going to complain that the tic marks now need numbers next to them because they wont understand what the tic marks represent. And yes, that would clutter the look.

What would be ideal? Make it customization. So that the power users can get the resolution in whatever numbers they want (1kW tics, 5kW tics, 15kW tics, 25kW tics, 50kW tics, etc.). I don't see that happening in the near future though.

In either case, this is likely a moot discussion. Tesla leaked the v7.1 (or what we assume is the v7.1) energy meter, and it's completely redesigned.