Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to Tesla, what's up with delivery and status updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m new to this forum and Tesla in general. I’ve never owned an EV car and truly wasn’t even interested in one. I’m a life long Mercedes owner was intending to get into another one after my lease ended this past month. My daughter who lives in California came to visit and talked me into test driving a Tesla while she was here and that was it for me(she owns a Tesla M3). The speed and the simplistic interior was what sold it to me. Put my deposit down that same night for a Model Y. What I am not understanding is how this whole delivery timeline works with Tesla. How have some people waiting for over a year and some who placed their orders just a few weeks ago get theirs so quickly? I think I’m starting to understand as to why not so many people have Teslas, at least here in the east coast. Not everyone has the the luxury to wait weeks, months or even years to take delivery of a car. Super excited to get this car, but a tad anxious seeing how long some people have been waiting to take delivery.

First noticed VIN on source on 6/1 (could have been there before), confirmed by SA, and by calling Tesla Delivery. SA said the car should be delivered within the next two weeks. No VIN or MVAP online yet. No call or texts regarding delivery. MSM/black interior/LR/AWD/20" wheels/No FSD. Ordered on 5/2020

I’m new to this forum and Tesla in general. I’ve never owned an EV car and truly wasn’t even interested in one. I’m a life long Mercedes owner was intending to get into another one after my lease ended this past month. My daughter who lives in California came to visit and talked me into test driving a Tesla while she was here and that was it for me(she owns a Tesla M3). The speed and the simplistic interior was what sold it to me. Put my deposit down that same night for a Model Y. What I am not understanding is how this whole delivery timeline works with Tesla. How have some people waiting for over a year and some who placed their orders just a few weeks ago get theirs so quickly? I think I’m starting to understand as to why not so many people have Teslas, at least here in the east coast. Not everyone has the the luxury to wait weeks, months or even years to take delivery of a car. Super excited to get this car, but a tad anxious seeing how long some people have been waiting to take delivery.

First noticed VIN on source on 6/1 (could have been there before), confirmed by SA, and by calling Tesla Delivery. SA said the car should be delivered within the next two weeks. No VIN or MVAP online yet. No call or texts regarding delivery. MSM/black interior/LR/AWD/20" wheels/No FSD. Ordered on 5/2020
Tesla will contact you when they decide you’re allowed to drive their vehicle. Not a moment before.

In case you have not noticed, the only thing they are good at is designing vehicles and software.

Selling the cars, repairing them, interacting with owners, those are all way down on Tesla’s list of priorities.

• Funny
Reactions: Twinmom425