Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to Motor Club purchasing a Model S Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to Tesla, but not new to EVs. I an a retired USAF Engineer/Scientist. Worked guidance and battery technology on Drone and MAV systems. Live in LA (Lower Alabama, NW Florida).

We have owned many battery Golf Carts over the years but fell in love in 2012 with a Garia LSV 2+2. Condense version: Here is our Garia. It is the Rolls Royce of LSVs (see photos). Frame by Aston Martin, Drivetrain by Ducati, Suspension by Porsche, Italian hand stitched leatherette and refrigerator (not a cooler) by Bentley. Even has a leather covered Champagne Bucket in front. 0-35mph in 6 seconds. AC motor driven.

I have always owned full size GM SUVs and Trucks. I have also collected Corvettes for years starting in 1961. Owned Sixteen Corvettes in all. Now that I am retired I find I am not using trucks anymore and was looking to buy the Mid Engine Corvette this year. Sold my 2018 GMC Sierra Denali and got ready for my last possible vehicle buy. Well that was until I rode in a friends Tesla Model S P85D. I lost a lot of my hearing while in military service and I was able to hear and talk without my hearing aides. Then he pushed the ludicrous toggle on the screen and my dream of the mid engine corvette disappeared.

Today, I find my self studying hours on end about the Tesla and particularly the Model S performance. We agreed upon the Midnight Silver Metallic color, performance model, full self driving and 21" dual wheels. After studying of the wheels I decided against the 21". Plan was to get the 19" silver Slip Stream wheels and when we went in to do the deposit, lord and behold, no 19" silver slip stream base model wheel anymore. Now they have hub caps as base which blew us away. Since that increased our price and not really happy with ANY of the wheel options, we are back to studying.

Tesla is coming, just thinking and studying more. Already scheduled the wall charger install. Hopefully within a few weeks we place our order. Seen some chatting about the plaid model... It is always something !!

Hope to contribute here on the forum.

M

IMG_4230.jpeg IMG_4224.jpeg IMG_4768.jpeg IMG_4803.jpeg

Reactions: IdaX