Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla App Easter Egg

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1300.JPG

Not discovered by me, but by a fellow community member. If you happen to be charging your battery when left with 121 miles, a dialog box appears in which you can select to turn "Time Circuits On". The app screen then changes to a whole bunch of Back to the Future references. Was discovered using a Model X, so not sure if this works on a Model S and Model 3 as well.

View attachment 375943

Not discovered by me, but by a fellow community member. If you happen to be charging your battery when left with 121 miles, a dialog box appears in which you can select to turn "Time Circuits On". The app screen then changes to a whole bunch of Back to the Future references. Was discovered using a Model X, so not sure if this works on a Model S and Model 3 as well.

I assume it's for the MX only given the gullwing doors. Cool find as a BTTF fan. I've been to viewing of the movie at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery and attended the Hollywood Bowl Back to the Future night with the score played live by the LA Phil. Talk about hi-fi...no matter how much you spend on an amp and speakers it just won't be as good as a live performance.

My 2015 S 70D was charging and when I checked it had 122 miles.
I stopped charging. I then turned on the heat to drain the battery of one mile of range.
I now had 121 miles of range.
I did not see the easter egg. I rebooted my phone and reestablished connection with the Tesla app.
Still no Easter egg.
Am I doing it wrong or is my car too old for it to work?

My 2015 S 70D was charging and when I checked it had 122 miles.
I stopped charging. I then turned on the heat to drain the battery of one mile of range.
I now had 121 miles of range.
I did not see the easter egg. I rebooted my phone and reestablished connection with the Tesla app.
Still no Easter egg.
Am I doing it wrong or is my car too old for it to work?

Did you tap on the battery icon when it had 121 miles?

Reactions: JohnnyG
Is it really an "easter egg" if Tesla is telling you exactly where they hid it?

Maybe I'm bias; since I actually hunted for and discovered the first Tesla easter egg (holding down on the model ##'s). Since then, it seems most 'eggs' are leaked by Tesla themselves for cheap headlines.

Really wish they would focus resources on fixing/improving other areas of their software... v9 is pure caca. I guess that's why they had to make a Fart app. <SMH>

Confirmed to work on a model 3 and Android
Lots of hidden detail in there.
Fuel chamber: 300R
The location is apparently the address of Puenta Hills Mall (where the mall scenes were filmed)
The upcoming service time is obviously relevant
P88D!
The odometer 33062 is apparently what the odometer in the DeLorean read when it jumped to 1955
The VIN number is interesting.
- it all checks out for a 1981 Delorean, (except the check digit, so this is not a valid VIN)
- the SN in the VIN (5261) is a nice touch. John DeLorean was born on Jan 6, 1925 (1.6.25 or 5261 reversed)
The version is 1985.43 (Oct 26 would be week 43)
I'm sure there is something significant about the "75lab77f". If I know software engineers they don't often pick number randomly. Any ideas?
Ohh ... I see it. (Gah I hate l33t). It reads "TSLABTTF" (Tesla B.T.T.F.)

Attachments

• Delorean.jpg
    Delorean.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Just curious who is claiming this discovery? Or was it 'leaked' by someone at Tesla?

I am being careful not to claim the discovery myself. It was not leaked by Tesla but someone in a Facebook group I belong to discovered it randomly - just so happened to be in the app with the right circumstances (121 miles of range). He wasn't aware of how it even popped up (by clicking the battery icon) so was likely pure luck.

The Electrek article incorrectly credited me with the discovery despite my post being explicit in stating that I did not discover it.