Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Taillights coming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Europe, the first Model 3s with the new taillights are just being delivered. All of them are vehicles that were produced in China.
9bb5c0020b486d07dccf8ff7d1a48f1d384381dc_2_750x1000.jpeg

4ed50a6248aeecd9b28c53299cfd8e51ed6b69ed_2_750x1000.jpeg

Photos were taken by IHA @ TFF

Last edited:
Alles klar. Sadly the global design tails as seen on these MiC Model 3s and the MiC 'Not a Model Y' destined for Europe and Middle East are still exhibiting the meh single intensity inner assembly position plasmas. What a missed opportunity to now allow them to continue the brake function.

Any update on US Model 3's having tails like the MiC 3's with the brake being the outer ring and amber turn signals (like the MY)... Something very clean about that look that I like (and don't want to have to go through the hassle of a retrofit.

Thoughts on this screenshot of a new video from earlier today, at this spot:
which clearly shows a higher 3rd light when the brakes are applied at 9m 24 seconds, New tail lights too, highlighted by Darryn John at

Attachments

• 2021-12-10_14-42-22.png
    2021-12-10_14-42-22.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
Any update on US Model 3's having tails like the MiC 3's with the brake being the outer ring and amber turn signals (like the MY)... Something very clean about that look that I like (and don't want to have to go through the hassle of a retrofit.
I can’t check the brake lights right now, but my US 2022 M3P (November 2021 build, MIF) still has red turn indicator LEDs. Bummer.

It looks that the new tail lights are finally coming to Model 3 cars in North America.

I'd be interested in upgrading to them. Anything that reduces rear-end collision chances is good.
But will they be a direct plug-compatible swap for existing 3 or require hacking to make them work?

I'd be interested in upgrading to them. Anything that reduces rear-end collision chances is good.
But will they be a direct plug-compatible swap for existing 3 or require hacking to make them work?
Knowing tesla they won't, we can't even get the new matrix headlights to work and tesla refuse to make compatible with older cars even though the harness is the same

Reactions: eesmjus
Knowing tesla they won't, we can't even get the new matrix headlights to work and tesla refuse to make compatible with older cars even though the harness is the same
I'd rather have my ultrasonics than the new taillights and no ultrasonics if that's the case.
Not to mention a currently-unobtainable interest rate, lower sticker price, etc. Even if I would gain a Ryzen MCU and heated wipers.

Reactions: Adam3 and Perscitus
I suspect at some point they'll run out of old inventory and then have an official procedure to make the new parts compatible just for repairs and whatnot. But that'll probably be a while.

Reactions: MrFusion4
I suspect at some point they'll run out of old inventory and then have an official procedure to make the new parts compatible just for repairs and whatnot. But that'll probably be a while.
From observation feel like they are still producing old inventory for example, I was seeing Model Y LR with the new headlights a month ago but now I'm seeing them switch back to old headlights. It's strange but what do I know...