Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

New Superchargers Proposed in Greensboro and Raleigh, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I confirmed there will be 12 charging stations at the N. Hills Raleigh location. Sweet!
Raleigh Supercharger.jpg

Yeah, I spoke to the workers and they said "We're not allowed to say if it's a Tesla Supercharger" LOL, I then asked was it 14 stations and he said "I can't say but you're close" and held up his fingers (one hand-1 finger, other hand-2 fingers) Haha

I think the reason I see 14 conduits going to the parking spaces and only 6 conduits coming from where the transformer is going is that there are going to be 12 SC stalls and they are going to re-install the two J1772 plugs.

About time Raleigh got a charger every time I went down there I had to charge at South Hill, and stay extra to make sure I had charge to return to South Hill. This charger and the new one south of Richmond should make the drive much nicer.

Reactions: ASUComputerGuy
Yes, to try to answer GaryW's and pgiralt's question, I got word that the small transformer is going to stay and is just for the two J1772's. There are several other transformers nearby that are much larger, I would expect a new, large transformer will be installed where the cluster of six conduits come up to the far right of the construction site. There was no new activity today, otherwise I would have posted new pics. Does anyone know if there is going to be any kind of gathering to "open" the SC when it is ready? i recall someone posting that they might try to get the media involved or something.

• Informative
Reactions: gonzo and GaryW