Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Raven X P100D: Initial Delivery & Ownership Experience (& gripes)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I put this post together just to collate my thoughts and issues with the car, as it might be of help to anyone about to collect. Firstly I should say I absolutely love the car. Range anxiety diminishes the more you begin to understand through ownership how it all works. Performance is outrageous should you want to use it (has anyone ever dared to track one? I'm considering Bedford Autodrome for a few laps...) The interface is lovely, ride is lovely, handling is incredible for such a beluga of a vehicle, and it lights up everyone who gets in it or sees it, really fun thing to be around.

I picked the car up from Drayton on a pretty quiet day (just before all the 3s started landing) - it was a remarkably simple and casual process and I was mostly glazed over by happiness and excitement. After a tonne of YouTube I knew most things about it software wise, so short of living with it I was set.

I've got some spraying experience, so with relatively little issue, plasti-dipping out the chrome was top of my list. It seems decently on there, but would remove easily with no marks. For less than £50 for all materials this was an easy win. I can post more pics of my masking etc if it's of help to anyone.
Thinking longer term XPEL PPF might be a good idea; I live around a lot of hedge-lined roads and the odd branch is likely to catch something this wide, among other things.

2.34.jpeg

I'm currently in the process of rectifying some things with Tesla which were sub-standard. I can't say I'm angry as it's such a great product overall, but I thought the following points should be noted to help anyone to be sharper than I was during collection:

1) most obviously - the wrong trim was fitted. When I was ordering the car, the interior page options only specified carbon/white as the white interior option, which is what I wanted. I think the site was re-jigging to Raven models, somewhere along the line this went awry, and I got white with black gloss wood trim panels. To add to this - there's a scratched patch next to the screen I noticed a couple of days later. They've agreed to switch and I'm awaiting stock.

dash.jpg

2) Drivers side rear wheel defect - looks like some lumps got under the paint during spraying, then came loose or got knocked off during pre-pickup cleaning. Again I'm in contact with them about this etc

wheel2.jpg

3) I didn't notice this until I plasti-dipped the chrome, as the shininess sort of dazzles you from what's adjacent - but the window seal on passenger side is tucked under the glass. I think it may tear if I attempt to prise it out, so it's not something I'm prepared to tackle myself (nor do I think I should have to really).

sill2.jpg

4) I've noticed when my boot (trunk) opens, it does so sort of with a wobble, unevenly. There's also some rubbing marks on the plastic latch surround. I think its alignment may be slightly out of whack. Is this something anyone has had experience with?

Everything else is great. It has some eccentricities, but I really do think it's one of the most incredible cars ever produced, and I can't see its novelty, usefulness or special feeling every really wearing off. Really looking forward to holidaying in it a bit.

Reactions: pjuk and gangzoom
IMG_9059.jpg

After some back and forth with Tesla they were very helpful and agreed to switch the trim, fix the sill, wheel defect, door seal and correct the boot/trunk alignment. It feels a bit pedantic going into small details about it being just-so, but then I remind myself what I paid for it...

Dropped the car off at Drayton today, friendly helpful staff and a loaner vehicle which I wasn't expecting. Before long I'd been sent an indication that I can collect the car tomorrow afternoon - so I'm really chuffed. Got a 90D which is still plenty rapid, although the upgrades in fit and finish, and interior material quality are apparent between this and my Raven model.

Model 3 fever seems to have everyone there pretty flat out so I was pleased to get an appointment - incredible how many cars they're delivering, look forward to spotting them increasingly regularly

IMG_8961.jpeg

IMG_8951.jpeg

View attachment 444742

After some back and forth with Tesla they were very helpful and agreed to switch the trim, fix the sill, wheel defect, door seal and correct the boot/trunk alignment. It feels a bit pedantic going into small details about it being just-so, but then I remind myself what I paid for it...

Dropped the car off at Drayton today, friendly helpful staff and a loaner vehicle which I wasn't expecting. Before long I'd been sent an indication that I can collect the car tomorrow afternoon - so I'm really chuffed. Got a 90D which is still plenty rapid, although the upgrades in fit and finish, and interior material quality are apparent between this and my Raven model.

Model 3 fever seems to have everyone there pretty flat out so I was pleased to get an appointment - incredible how many cars they're delivering, look forward to spotting them increasingly regularly

View attachment 444769
View attachment 444770
Stunning car, congrats! The spec makes me think of Airwolf :cool: