Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New P100DL makes xxx HP at the battery!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
40 kW more but no better than 10.8? My guess is 10.7 but the MT "ringer" will do a 10.5 j/k :)

I'll bet a taco that the 1088792-00-C battery is 100kWh. That's what TRC supposedly has. What FikseGTS tested was not the same as what TRC had and measured lower. Closer to what I and a few other of our 'V2' batteries have. You can further see this where both FikseGTS and I can't crack into 10's on these batteries where TRC could potentially snag a 10.7x pass. There is also someone who posted his brand new 'P90DL' had a range of 312mi. It's unconfirmed but the numbers correlate damn well.

I'll bet a taco that the 1088792-00-C battery is 100kWh. That's what TRC supposedly has. What FikseGTS tested was not the same as what TRC had and measured lower. Closer to what I and a few other of our 'V2' batteries have. You can further see this where both FikseGTS and I can't crack into 10's on these batteries where TRC could potentially snag a 10.7x pass. There is also someone who posted his brand new 'P90DL' had a range of 312mi. It's unconfirmed but the numbers correlate damn well.
I think that 312 was ideal not rated range. It was a brand new car and I asked him to charge to 90% and repost but crickets.

I saw a post that said a fully charged 1088792-00-A is at the maximum expected 4.2 volts and thus not a restricted pack havent seen a review or KW numbers off a 1088792-00-C yet though... you sure thats the right part number?

TRC car is the 1088792-00-A not C

and...

1071941-00-C has been measured at ~500kW
1088792-00-A has been measured at ~510kW

What might be more interesting is the full power curve of these respective batteries. We've talked a lot about peaks but the real story may be in how long these batteries can keep producing at a high level.

Last edited:
Reactions: St Charles
Sure, A, not C.

Can you dig up the post related to that battery? It's not that I don't believe you but I'd like a better understanding of it myself.

I saw a post that said a fully charged 1088792-00-A is at the maximum expected 4.2 volts and thus not a restricted pack havent seen a review or KW numbers off a 1088792-00-C yet though... you sure thats the right part number?

TRC car is the 1088792-00-A not C

and...

packvoltages-png.189963

They're doing a full topping charge to 4.2 volts. That's using 100% of the cell capacity.
Each blue vertical line is the voltage of one of the 96 groups of cells that are in parallel. These 96 are connected in series to give the pack voltage of 403.2 volts.

So, no, these are not 100kwh packs in disguise.

Pack part no. 1088792-00-A

It wasn't just the charge voltage. It was the fact that the current to the cells had dropped to 40ma at this voltage. This is how you detect when the cells are fully charged. Your keep the voltage fixed at 4.2 volts and monitor the current until it drops to a predetermined value. So this means the battery was charged to 100 % capacity. If it had been a 100 kwh battery, they would have only charged it to 90%.

You can tell the cell configuration is still the same. There's still 96 bricks in series that give a 403 volt pack. Each one of the 96 vertical lines on the plot I uploaded is a brick voltage.

Last edited:
So what we know for sure is that we have a true 100% SoC with the 1088792-00-A. I would like to see what the voltage per cell is at 0% as well. This will provide us the full picture. I get that traditionally Tesla has software limited packs below 100% SoC but that isn't a hard requirement. They have motive because people are expecting performance. Also, at some point the manufacturing process has to change over to the new high end pack and pushing a few new units to some older cars is cheaper than trying to maintain two separate processes in the factory floor. We also have precedence with the 70-75kWh upgrade packs a few months back. It adds up to the possibility is all I am saying.

Reactions: rabar10
If you look at the chart the model s and model x p90dl share the same battery currently, and if you recall the model x has had more power for quite some time now...

Tesla Model X P90D is more powerful than the Model S P90D

I get what you are saying here but TRCs brand new P90DL has performance numbers at the track that are not reproducible by other refreshed P90DL cars. I cite my own numbers and what @fiksegts were able to accomplish. TRC is a full .2 faster than either of us and we have metrics showing that we are outputting the known higher ~500kW. What I am saying is that I think the last few P90DL cars may be limited to allow the top % of the charge, rather than somewhere in the middle or bottom of the pack.