Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Nose Option for Older Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks excellent! Two questions:

1. How do you get access to the 12 volt jump terminals behind the nose cone?

2. How much in total (just approx) parts and labour to do the install on a 2014 pre-AP, parking sensor vehicle?

Thanks.

From what I am told you can not access the 12V anymore but the kit comes with harness and setup so you can still use the system

3/4 hours of install time. There are no parts needed its a direct swap of oem parts

I am leery of how well the refresh style of bumper actually will provide protection? I have the nose cone style, and it does protect. I had someone accidentally open a heavy metal door into the front of my car. It hit the nose cone and bounced off. I had the tiniest little scratch, that easily disappeared with a wipe.
What protection does the refresh style provide? If damaged do I need to replace the entire front section, instead of just the nose cone part?

The whole bumper is made out of poly urethane so its like a normal OEM bumper. Getting paint protection or many coats of wax is what helps protect it.
Is the cost to repair the same? If the front portion that sticks out and hits something and gets damaged , I would assume I would only replace the nose cone? Which I would guess is less costly than with the refresh version replacing the whole front? Or is it similar enough not to matter?

I would assume cone is cheaper. I know Tesla parts are expensive. The lower front lip (black) runs 2500.
The black cone would not need painted.

The whole bumper is 3k from Unplugged. The people doing this mod, I am willing to bet do not care about cost to fix just the cone vs. wanting the new look.

Looks excellent! Two questions:

1. How do you get access to the 12 volt jump terminals behind the nose cone?

2. How much in total (just approx) parts and labour to do the install on a 2014 pre-AP, parking sensor vehicle?

Thanks.

The Refresh includes an emergency hood release system.

Total install time is about 3hours start to finish and we provide installation manuals as well.

I am leery of how well the refresh style of bumper actually will provide protection? I have the nose cone style, and it does protect. I had someone accidentally open a heavy metal door into the front of my car. It hit the nose cone and bounced off. I had the tiniest little scratch, that easily disappeared with a wipe.
What protection does the refresh style provide? If damaged do I need to replace the entire front section, instead of just the nose cone part?

The Refresh Fascia is made out of high grade urethane. We partnered with one of Tesla's OEM suppliers to manufacture these. It's the same as a new Tesla without the nose cone. Some owners also opt to clear bra or ceramic coat to avoid scratches just like any bumper. If you want to retain your nose cone we also have our Flagship Fascia System which includes a dry carbon fiber nose cone

• Informative
Reactions: Walta and Indpowr
I have a Jan 2016 delivered MS 85D with AP1.

My local Tesla Service Center said a 3rd party front fascia would only work on 75D or newer due to internal changes (wiring , location of AP radar) but according to Unplugged website, a refresh fascia would work ? I would fall within 2016.5 model year ? It seems like Tesla SC misinformed?

I have the upgraded fog lamps similar as shown here : https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8271/8850114634_9c84353ffa_b.jpg Will the Unplugged
kit work seamlessly with the fog lamps?

If Tesla needs to work on a car with Unplugged refresh fascia, would I need to provide special instructions from Unplugged?

Does anyone have side by side of before and after pictures of the same car?

Also comparison pictures of Unplugged fascia vs Tesla refresh fascia ?

Edit: Also how are the sensors placement and functionality affected by the Unplugged new fascia?

Last edited:
Hi, all great questions!

quack724, post: 2552176, member: 51721"]I have a Jan 2016 delivered MS 85D with AP1.

My local Tesla Service Center said a 3rd party front fascia would only work on 75D or newer due to internal changes (wiring , location of AP radar) but according to Unplugged website, a refresh fascia would work ? I would fall within 2016.5 model year ? It seems like Tesla SC misinformed?

To clarify, if you currently have a nose cone Model S you can install our Refresh Fascia System regardless of year or spec. I'm not sure where the service center might have heard that info but it is incorrect. Our fascia is a direct bolt on so there are no changes to any wiring and all sensors, lights and hardware remain in their original locations.

I have the upgraded fog lamps similar as shown here : https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8271/8850114634_9c84353ffa_b.jpg Will the Unplugged
kit work seamlessly with the fog lamps?

As long as there is no change to the fog lamp mounting points there should be no issue.

If Tesla needs to work on a car with Unplugged refresh fascia, would I need to provide special instructions from Unplugged?

The Fascia installs exactly the same as the factory bumper but we supply installation instructions as well.

Does anyone have side by side of before and after pictures of the same car?

Here are a few. You can find more on our website, Facebook and Instagram pages
26169286_1856607921078738_6235847707769846809_n.jpg

26220043_1854797634593100_536025952852365747_n.jpg

Also comparison pictures of Unplugged fascia vs Tesla refresh fascia ?
16996318_1428180873921447_992367325649032035_n.jpg

Edit: Also how are the sensors placement and functionality affected by the Unplugged new fascia?

All sensors stay in their original positions and function as normal.

You can also find the full thread on our Refresh here Vendor - Unplugged Performance Refresh Fascia Upgrade

Last edited:
Reactions: quack724