Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MY order with cracked windscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I’ve ordered my new MY Tesla, just awaiting the delivery date.

However Tesla have said that my MY has a cracked screen incurred during shipping, which they are replacing now.

Question is, should I continue and accept this new Tesla, with windscreen getting fixed OR get a perfect one with no issues instead from the factory?

Thanks guys

Hello, I’ve ordered my new MY Tesla, just awaiting the delivery date.

However Tesla have said that my MY has a cracked screen incurred during shipping, which they are replacing now.

Question is, should I continue and accept this new Tesla, with windscreen getting fixed OR get a perfect one with no issues instead from the factory?

Thanks guys
New windshield, of course!

The morning I went to pick up my MYP last August, I got a note on my app that a problem had occurred that morning. On the way back from a car wash, my car had picked up a rock chip in the windshield. Tesla would replace it for free (in 2 weeks, when service had a windshield for me), and did I want to accept or reject the car because of it? Naturally I accepted the car and the free service. I checked out the car thoroughly, using one of the checklists, and I found no issues. So I hopped in the car and drove off. One mile later as I was entering the freeway, a car threw up a rock and chipped the windshield in a second place!

Fortunately for me, I already had a free windshield replacement coming. Two weeks later all was well.

A couple of months ago another car threw up a rock that added another chip, but I've been living with it and ignoring it until it gets bigger, or I get a chip fixing kit.

• Funny
Reactions: Spivas and fholbert
Upvote 0
When we bought our 2022 Model 2 LR, it can with front passenger damage which my wife refused to accept even though they were going to fix it. So we got back in line (during long covid times) and my son took delivery on it and was fixed a few weeks later. All has been good. What I found out during that process is that ALL car dealerships are allowed to fix incoming vehicles with damage from the factory or delivery, don't have to tell future customers or report it and can still sell it as brand new. I could be wrong on the specifics but that's what I heard.
So it's nice that Telsa not only does a walk-around and send a report to the customer but also fixes it without issue. Just imagine how many cars we've all bought throughout the years that were damaged during delivery and fixed. So based on all of that, I think it's fine to let them fix stuff that isn't major like the delivery truck going through a major hail storm. We pick up our new MYP on Friday and have no plans to deny it if there's something on the list.

Upvote 0
"perfect one" from factory. Giggles. I guess you haven't see all those refuse delivery threads. You should pray the car wasn't assembled on a Friday. The rattling/creaking and fit/finish issues will be way bigger than your windshield replacement history if you are unlucky.

Reactions: Spivas
Upvote 0
"perfect one" from factory. Giggles. I guess you haven't see all those refuse delivery threads. You should pray the car wasn't assembled on a Friday. The rattling/creaking and fit/finish issues will be way bigger than your windshield replacement history if you are unlucky.
Yup! Our Model 3 developed a host of door and rear seat rattles over the 2 years and most happened within the first 6 months. I had to take the panels off both doors and add self-adhesive foam weather striping between the cables and wires inside the door framing as well as the same weather stripping all around the back seats between the trunk framing.

The worst noise is some paper sticker flapping around in the passenger air vent. When I took it to Tesla, as you would expect, the dummy said "Oh, that's common and will eventually work itself out." Oh really? Air passing over a factory sticker will just magically blow out? Suuuuure!

• Funny
Reactions: boulder.dude
Upvote 0