Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y Very satisfying but NO HOMELINK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is certainly a solution but I have 3 remotes I'd have to attach and if your suggestion were "completely invisible" wouldn't activation be as difficult as hunting for a button on the screen?
I have 2 garage doors at home and a door at my lake house. I bought a cheap 3 button remote and velcro'd it to the back of the display as others have said. Works perfectly, and cost all of $22 all in.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Just traded in my 2018 Model 3 Long range AWD for a Model Y long range AWD. So I am a repeat Tesla buyer. The buying experience has vastly improved and the COVID safe process took 30 minutes and exceeded my expectations for efficiency.
Drove the 2.5 hours home and liked what I had. Tight, nice drive almost as good as the model 3. A superior cross over for sure. I really enjoyed driving in it, a great experience. Better range by a little bit and more clearance for the dirt roads in our town. That said as I drove up to my garage and fumbled for the homelink that my model 3 had, I find it is gone! It is a $300 after market option! Is Tesla serious? Elon are you listening? My wife's Ford Edge has buttons to open the garage for goodness sake. Some bean counter thought this would add a few million onto the bottom line? Was it worth pissing off repeat customers? This is a bone headed move that only irritates your best customers.

I don't think it's that big a deal. I got it installed when mine was in for service anyway, and it's awesome. Truly a life changer.