Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bring back Tapatalk!
And while you're at it do away with all these fancy colors, fonts and images on the forum: Bring back Gopher!
gopher2.jpg

Anecdote for Unix nerds: back in the '90s, I used to teach courses about Unix. A lot of people would complain about stuff like the "rm" command not asking for confirmation. So I had a slide about how you could easily tailor your own UI using shell scripts or functions:
del() {
rm -rf "$@"
echo "Were you sure? \c"
read ans
}
Couldn't you have just did "alias rm rm -i"?

I'm not going to go through all of the 340 prior posts of this thread, but here's one thing this Moderator REALLY LIKES! -

==>when a poster doesn't extract from a prior post, but copies the whole shooting match, now, instead of having to re-read (and in cases, re-read and re-read and re-read), this new system blissfully hides the lowermost lines, giving the reader the "Click to read more" of the old post.

Yay!

I'm not going to go through all of the 340 prior posts of this thread, but here's one thing this Moderator REALLY LIKES! -

==>when a poster doesn't extract from a prior post, but copies the whole shooting match, now, instead of having to re-read (and in cases, re-read and re-read and re-read), this new system blissfully hides the lowermost lines, giving the reader the "Click to read more" of the old post.

Yay!

Agreed. Very useful function/design.

Please bring back Tapatalk or an equivalent app. My eyes will thank you.

Or atleasg have the courtesy to say why you will not consider any app support. Are all Apps buggy?

Then perhaps I will lose hope and quit bothering you here.

Made a quick template edit so the the avatars on the left of the of a thread list now jump to the first unread post in a thread. So if you see that blue dot, just tap the avatar. (Similarly the avatar on the right will go to the last post.)

We'll be down for about 20 minutes or less tonight around 9pm PDT while I do some db stuff on the back end. I trust there won't be a riot.

We'll be down for about 20 minutes or less tonight around 9pm PDT while I do some db stuff on the back end. I trust there won't be a riot.

You're far too trusting. This page already has 18 pages of people complaining that everything was better in the olden days. (And now we can all agree to what 18 pages actually means, right?).

...off thread...

I think I'm going to see if I can run-around the Admins and banish Johan in perpetuity to some well-deserved hell for that gawdawful avatar he's just put up..... :)

Actually it is mildy usable on iPhone. Not that bad, although Tapatalk would be like the Tesla P90D, the safari iPhone version is still like a high end Lexus.

What makes it palatable is thaat the browser version only displays a few lines of quoted text whereas Tapatalk would display the entire quote burying the actual reply.

It is the manevouring around where the App scores big time.

Actually it is mildy usable on iPhone. Not that bad, although Tapatalk would be like the Tesla P90D, the safari iPhone version is still like a high end Lexus.

It is the manevouring around where the App scores big time.

I'm using it on my tablet for the first time now. It's better than I imagined it would be but does require lots of back and forth navigation and scrolling. It's way better than the previous version was on my tablet when not using Tapatalk.