Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Thread Summary

Member Generated Post Wiki
Aug 14, 2012
Hi everyone. We appreciate and welcome constructive criticism on the new design, interface and functionality. We've worked hard on this and know that there is a lot more still to do. What we have now is a work in progress and we are well aware of, and are working on filling, many of the functionality gaps or potential UI improvements that have been mentioned.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to post here and/or contact us via private message (now called "conversations"). In doing so, please be specific about what you feel could be improved, and detailed in your explanation as to how you think it should be done.

One of the features we have been working on is improving groups functionality. We believe what we have is a substantial improvement over the previous groups module, however there is much still to be done. If you have any questions or suggestions about Groups, please mention @danny and I'll do my best to assist.

We appreciate your patience and input, and look forward to improving the site further.

Updates: The below updates are major and do not include more frequent optimization.

• 3-15-16
    • Colors have been tweaked to provide significantly higher contrast for the purpose of improved readability. The background is also darker.
    • On thread list, if the blue dot is available, the left avatar now takes user to the last unread post - so no need to hit the blue dot anymore, can just click on that avatar.
      • The right most avatar takes user to the last post in the thread.
  • 3-16-16
    • The Forum Index page now has a more traditional list view (instead of the grid view).
  • 3-17-16
    • As many have noticed, we have implemented a ratings feature which you can utilize at the bottom right (above the signature) of each post.
    • Sub-Forums on Forum Index now indicate unread posts (note: we plan to tone down the red by removing the red from the subforum text)
    • No one seems to have noticed but we tightened up the spacing in the forum list and thread list views. Note; we may adjust this further at a later point.
    • Added "Go to First Unread" link/button for threads in thread view.
    • Many other minor tweaks and fixes
  • 3-18-16
    • Page numbers now display on forum list without needing to hover.
  • 3-31-16
    • Major update to TMC interface including color and font optimizations, tightening up white space, new font type, and general tweaks to elements to help with navigation and reading.
  • 4-1-16
    • Added Condensed version of the interface. This is user selectable in the bottom left.
  • 4-5-16
    • Added Dark and Dark Condensed versions of the interface. Also tightened up white space on the condensed versions of both light and dark even further.
  • 4-9-16
    • Added support for push notifications via Push Bullet. Also fixed bugs relating to access and editing of user albums/media.
Please note: As we improve the design and functionality, we may opt to keep or leave out any of the above changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gotten this error a few times:

The following error occurred:
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.​

I'm also pretty bummed that the hundred thread links and direct links to forums and features are dead now.

[Admin note: This is patently incorrect as the vast majority of those direct links are redirected to the proper content.]

Last edited by a moderator:
As many others have demonstrated in this thread - random failures, tried many times to post and can't quite tell if the posts went out. Database errors. S-L-O-O-O-O-O-W. And as wk057 said in another thread. The 20 posts per page things is terrible.
Oh, and no tapatalk? Hmm.

I've gotten this error a few times:

The following error occurred:
An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.​

I'm also pretty bummed that the hundred thread links and direct links to forums and features that I've bookmarked over the years are dead now.