Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New EPA calculated range for 2024. LR is now 335 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's on 22" wheels it doesn't have 335 miles of EPA range. It has 322 miles of estimated range when new. Which is the best it will ever be, and will go down over time, which is in all of the information in the manual if you read it.

Unless they've changed something, you can make a new X long range display 335 miles of range on the dash at 100%, instead of 322, just by changing the wheel configuration to the 20" wheels in the menus. Which is just another meaningless number, but hey, problem solved

Reactions: doghousePVD
If it's on 22" wheels it doesn't have 335 miles of EPA range. It has 322 miles of estimated range when new. Which is the best it will ever be, and will go down over time, which is in all of the information in the manual if you read it.

Unless they've changed something, you can make a new X long range display 335 miles of range on the dash at 100%, instead of 322, just by changing the wheel configuration to the 20" wheels in the menus. Which is just another meaningless number, but hey, problem solved
20” wheels. I am well versed in actual range. This my third Model x and have 3 and S. I realize it’s an estimate, but not having it align from day 1 is of concer to me, since my other 4 have always been accurate based on tha appropriate use in fairly ideal circumstances.

20” wheels. I am well versed in actual range. This my third Model x and have 3 and S. I realize it’s an estimate, but not having it align from day 1 is of concer to me, since my other 4 have always been accurate based on tha appropriate use in fairly ideal circumstances.
I am not sure if there is a way to measure the energy content on these vehicles (energy app in 3/Y). But that is the way to go and all that matters.

Range is just numbers in different units. If you can figure out the units (you can do this by metering carefully if you cannot find another way - there are a couple other ways), then you don’t need the energy screen.

Just multiply charging constant by max range. Energy.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have read many times that the "miles" displayed on the battery ICON is simply a math formula - packs voltage multiplied by some "fixed" number the EPA uses?

So what will cause the pack voltage to fluctuate, the temperature at the time of measurement, and any real degradation the BMS measures? I focus on the Energy graph and my wh/mi data as displayed in my Trip cards.