Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New "Downfall" Parody Involving Tesla Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unlike 99.999999999% of the world's population, I actually saw Downfall the movie when it came out in movie theatres, so the fact that this particular scene became a meme years later is always kind of weirdly interesting.

[ In this case, while Curt's creation is certainly funny and the Tesla references cause for definite LOLs, I must admit I have a tiny tinge of discomfort as it (albeit gently) pokes fun at German automakers, and using Hitler to speak for German automakers is a bit of a touchy subject, one which, if I were German, might find a bit disturbing. But, I digress. ]

The problem with this video is it's not consistent with the earlier Tesla Downfall parodies. In those, Hitler actually signs a check to buy a Roadster. He should have made a MS reservation at the end. I look forward to the next one about either the Auto Dealers Assoc and/or the gigafactory.

Very well done… please note "I never want to drive a car again" at 03:25. Hitler did in fact drive cars in the 1920's (without a drivers license BTW). But he gave it up and had a driver for the bulk of his adult life as, "In any case, I cannot see myself driving for 12 hours and making a speech at the end of it." (Hitler's Table Talk 1941-1944 by H.R. Trevor-Roper New Edition, page 489). At least that was his excuse, period accounts say he was a very poor driver and that's really why he gave it up.

Thank you for your close attention, Chris. It was only today that I learned there is a video forum at TMC. I deeply apologize if the duplication caused some stress for you.

It did cause some work for the moderators. We don't approve of cross-posting the same content in multiple subforums. You could have instead asked me to move the original thread. I have just merged the duplicate threads and relocated them to the Video section.