Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Charging Point in Germany, Hueckelhoven

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Talkredius - I've been promoting your hospitality on the Return of Rail thread! Don't want you being bypassed already!

Andrew, many thanks for this and look how I will reward you for this

attachment.php?attachmentid=1751&d=1304186011.jpg

Attachments

• My_Fridge_scaled.jpg
    My_Fridge_scaled.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 515
You are fairly close to the Nürburgring - why not have an meet up at Hückelhoven and then drive down there? I'm pretty sure it would be possible to recharge at the ring.

I like this idea , driving through the Eifel is big fun. I'm open to both, btw. why not doing both, lets say Hueckelhoven / Nuernburgring in July / August, Munic with Oktoberfest in October, btw we could also visit the eCarTec in Munic (18-20.10.2011)

over the weekend and the next following days I'm quite busy for my employer so don't expect too many comments in this time from me. Perhaps we should open for the Munic visit a new thread. And keep in mind, you are always welcome :smile:

Charging for the Eifeltour 2.July.2011

Charging for the Eifeltour :
attachment.php?attachmentid=2081&d=1309901014.jpg

I improved my installation, now I can charge :

3 Tesla @32 A
+ 3 Tesla @30A
+ 3 Tesla @16 A
+ 1 Tesla @13 A

Should be enough for the next tour :wink:

Attachments

• Charging_Point_Hueckelhoven_Eifeltour_scaled.JPG
    Charging_Point_Hueckelhoven_Eifeltour_scaled.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 358
I invite you to the DREHSTROMNETZ.DE

Hello Tesladrivers.

My name is Holger K. from Wuppertal. I am verry sorry for my bad english.

I would like to invite you to the "Drehstromnetz". It is an non-profit-initiative by electric drivers for electric drivers in germany an europe.

It is based on a very simple idea:

Each single member of the Drehstromnetz offers his own 3 phase CEE 32A 24h/7d and can use all 3 phase CEE from all other members without paying. (You should only pay for the energy while charging.)

Today you can use in germany more than 200 stations with 3 phases. 98 of them are CEE 32Amp plugs. Becaus of this very simple system you are able to drive threw germany without asking for energie with 3 Tesla Roadster on the same time.

To get connected to the DREHSTROMNETZ.DE please visit our homepage in german language or ask me.

I hope to hear from you soon. :wink:

Holger

Attachments

• icon14.gif
    icon14.gif
    606 bytes · Views: 175
sounds great...

Could I ask you to add the locations to the Open Charge Map database so that we can promote the initiative in websites and apps?

http://openchargemap.org/

Hi Kevin,

Im sorry, the chargingpoints in the DREHSTROMNETZ.DE are reserved for the members only and not found for everyone in the internet.

We made the experence that it is much better and more save not to give our private adresses to everyone.

So the DREHSTROMNETZ is a closed system were all electric drivers are welcome. Some of the TESLA drivers are member already and very happy with the given network. It might be interesting for some of you to get the membership and feel free in germany with your electric vehicles.

Instalise your chargingpoint 3 phases 32amps (or 16amp) 24h/7d in europe and swizerland first, and then you will get the membership. Here you can get hardware for very low price: http://www.fahren-ohne-abgas.de

To view a map of chargingpoints look at http://www.drehstromnetz.de

sounds great...

Could I ask you to add the locations to the Open Charge Map database so that we can promote the initiative in websites and apps?

http://openchargemap.org/

Hi Kevin,

I'm also a member of the Drehstromnetz.de, I decided to open my Drehstromkiste 24/7 for public charging but I respect that other members want to keep their charging points to the members only.

Now I have a question and a suggestion :

question to Kevin : my charging point is in lemnet already, do I have to put my location again into open charger map or is it imported via lemnet automatically ?

suggestion to Drehstromkiste : Just send the invitation from Kevin to every member of Drehstromnetz.de, so every member can decide for himself.

btw. : main reason for me to install a Drehstromkiste was that I noticed that there is already a charging infrastructure (lemnet / Drehstromnetz.de / P&C ) built by real enthusiasts ( EL-City drivers etc.)
While charging during my (business) trips I met many nice people, which offered me their charging ports. I 'm planning to present their charging points in a different thread

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but it seemed to be the thread with the most German posts. On the 13th of August, I was being driven in a passenger van with my family on holiday. We were going from Regensburg, Germany to Prague, CZ. We were on the #93 Autobahn (I hope I have that correct) around Nabburg, Germany when a kelly Green Tesla Roadster zoomed by us! Being a Tesla Roadster owner since #254, I was floored that half way around the world from my home in LA, I would see a Roadster! Awesome! Does anyone have a clue as to who's car it was? If so, please pass along the message that it made my day!
IMG_3266.JPG

The picture is very small because by the time I had a chance to get my iPhone out and take the picture, the Roadster was already well down field!

By the way:
Innovative eMobility Lösungen (Elektromobilität) und erneuerbare Energien : FROSYS GmbH
For Infineon’s annual general meeting, which was held on February 17th in Munich, FROSYS made available their Tesla Roadster as an exhibit. Since 2010 Infineon have been supplying chips to the US manufacturer Tesla for the energy management of their electric vehicles. And the corporation has plans of further expanding its activities in the growth market of electric mobility in the future. For the upcoming Tesla S model, chips made by Infineon Technologies AG, Germany, are planned to be used as well. FROSYS already participated in a number of events staged by Infineon during the last year. On the occasion of two weeks of innovation – one of which was held in Regensburg, the other one in Neubiberg – Mr. Andreas Fröschl, division manager of e-mobility with FROSYS, gave a lecture each on the development and future of electro-mobile locomotion...

Anyways, lots of Roadsters sold into Germany, and Regensburg has some related corporate activity going on.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but it seemed to be the thread with the most German posts. On the 13th of August, I was being driven in a passenger van with my family on holiday. We were going from Regensburg, Germany to Prague, CZ. We were on the #93 Autobahn (I hope I have that correct) around Nabburg, Germany when a kelly Green Tesla Roadster zoomed by us! Being a Tesla Roadster owner since #254, I was floored that half way around the world from my home in LA, I would see a Roadster! Awesome! Does anyone have a clue as to who's car it was? If so, please pass along the message that it made my day!
View attachment 2498
The picture is very small because by the time I had a chance to get my iPhone out and take the picture, the Roadster was already well down field!

Next time just send me a message before you arrive, should be possible to give you a ride in my Tesla on the Autobahn:biggrin:

Upgrade of Talkredius charging station

Finally, after 3 month of waiting for the grid supplier getting his work done I got my HPC@70A operating
Power upgrade from 44 kW to 69 kw (400V@100A, 3 phase)
Official opening will be in summer.

Open 24/7 from now on
you are welcome but you have to obey two rules :

1.) The garden belongs to my cat not me:wink:
2) Anyone complaining about my untidy garage will be banned immediately :biggrin:

For now a very short user guide, a more detailed one will follow soon.

German version => Tesla-Fahrer und -Freunde Forum Thema anzeigen - Hückelhoven : Talkredius Charging Station Upgrade

Next step : Upgrade to 250 kW ( 3 phase) to get prepared for Model S fast charging

attachment.php?attachmentid=4059&d=1328645414.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=4060&d=1328646005.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=4061&d=1328646323.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=4062&d=1328646752.jpg

If a power switch trips it is in middle position. Move it first down then up again

Attachments

• Eingang_scaled_IMG_1536.JPG
    Eingang_scaled_IMG_1536.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 282
  • Lichtschalter_Eingang_scaled_IMG_1537.JPG
    Lichtschalter_Eingang_scaled_IMG_1537.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 277
  • HPC_Lichtschalter_Beschriftung-1_scaled.JPG
    HPC_Lichtschalter_Beschriftung-1_scaled.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 299
  • Schaltschrank_scaled_IMG_1535.JPG
    Schaltschrank_scaled_IMG_1535.JPG