Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 19" wheels in the Design Studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was playing around with the Design Studio (for probably the third time this week) because we're very interested in getting one after our Acura MDX lease is up in September...
And I saw that they have new base wheels now! They're called "Slipstream". Not sure if anyone else caught this yet, but I just saw it today and it was definitely not there before.
I personally think this is a huge step up from the previous 19" wheels which I thought were hideous and didn't complement the car at all. They just looked too thin.

Here's a screenshot:
Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 1.26.12 PM.png

They look way better!

Personally, I think the new wheels are kind of ugly. Am I the only one, that is happy with earlier 19's? Maybe when I see one in person, I'll change my mind. But I don't think the pix look very good.

Nope, you're not alone. The frame next to the tire is too thick on the new rims.

I like the old 19" wheels, and I love the look of 21" wheels, both have a much narrower frame next to the tire (I dunno what the technical term is)