Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Netzero App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be nice if pinch-to-zoom worked in this app. This doesn't work in the Tesla app either, sometimes you want to see finer detail than the whole day.

Sorry I missed your message earlier. Tesla's API only stores historical data in 5-minute increments, so you wouldn't really be able to get better resolution by "zooming in". I have considered adding a "Last 4 hours" view though, just to put more recent data in focus -- would that be useful?

Reactions: adspguy
Working for me. I did have to re-authorize the app for access to my Tesla account, but it is operational.

I'd suggest clearing the app cache, or uninstall/reinstall?

1706272275722.png

I keep getting the failed to connect to IP address error, even though it is the correct IP address. I do not use a VPN.

The "failed to connect" error implies a connection error (as opposed to authentication). A few things to check:
  1. Are you on the same wifi network as the gateway?
  2. If you open a web browser on the same device and same wifi network as Netzero, can you connect to that ip address: https://192.168... ?
  3. Which firmware version do you have? (Tesla app / Energy / Settings / My Home Info / Powerwall Gateway / Version)

The "failed to connect" error implies a connection error (as opposed to authentication). A few things to check:
  1. Are you on the same wifi network as the gateway?
Yes
  1. If you open a web browser on the same device and same wifi network as Netzero, can you connect to that ip address: https://192.168... ?
Sometimes. Just as I can connect sometimes on this app. I will be able to connect about once a month. Most of the time I get this error. I only get this error on the diagnostic tab. I am still able to access everything else on the app.

The IP address doesn't change. I have it pinned
  1. Which firmware version do you have? (Tesla app / Energy / Settings / My Home Info / Powerwall Gateway / Version)
23.44.0. It did this on all versions. Would sometime work. But most of the time I would get this error

Last edited:
Yes

Sometimes. Just as I can connect sometimes on this app. I will be able to connect about once a month. Most of the time I get this error. I only get this error on the diagnostic tab. I am still able to access everything else on the app.

The IP address doesn't change. I have it pinned

23.44.0. It did this on all versions. Would sometime work. But most of the time I would get this error
If you have a dual band router I would try turning off 5Ghz and see if you have better success.

another thing you can try is change your 2.4Ghz channel to one. This was my solution when having similar issues.

If a browser can't connect either, it points to some connectivity issue between your home network and the gateway/pw+. These are generally tricky to diagnose, but a few things to look at:
  1. Does the gateway have good wifi signal? One way to test is to stand next to it with your phone and using the wifi network -- do you have all wifi bars and can reliable access internet? Your wifi access point might also have data on wifi signal quality for the gateway and logs of any connectivity errors.
  2. If you have that option, an ethernet connection to the gateway will be much more reliable.
  3. Wifi access points can sometimes get into a bad state -- does restarting the access point help with connectivity?
  4. Similarly, the gateway can be in a bad state and can also be restarted. (Less likely this is the issue if the gateway is otherwise reporting data.)
Good luck investigating!

If a browser can't connect either, it points to some connectivity issue between your home network and the gateway/pw+. These are generally tricky to diagnose, but a few things to look at:
  1. Does the gateway have good wifi signal? One way to test is to stand next to it with your phone and using the wifi network -- do you have all wifi bars and can reliable access internet? Your wifi access point might also have data on wifi signal quality for the gateway and logs of any connectivity errors.
Yes. It is on the same wall as my office right next to the window. It is about 10 feet away.
  1. Wifi access points can sometimes get into a bad state -- does restarting the access point help with connectivity?
Sometimes. Most of the time, no
  1. Similarly, the gateway can be in a bad state and can also be restarted. (Less likely this is the issue if the gateway is otherwise reporting data.)
Good luck investigating!
Gateway is fine. Shows up to date data by the second. Production data matches exactly that of the live view of my enphase envoy gateway.

Interestingly, I can access everything else constantly on my browser using the IP address of the device, including my Envoy Gateway

One thing I noticed is if you have your iPhone display set to large text the app won't fit the screen. The menu and some of the pages are zoomed in and you cannot zoom out.

Alos, if you get a failed to connect to gateway error, you cannot leave the Gateway Diagnostics page

Thanks for the report, I'll fix that.

Related: in addition to iOS & Android, you can now also run the app on web: Netzero
The web version works on any platform with a web browser, (most) any screen size.

Thanks for the report, I'll fix that.

Related: in addition to iOS & Android, you can now also run the app on web: Netzero
The web version works on any platform with a web browser, (most) any screen size.
Sometimes the app doesn't show the Vehicle usage on the Solar graph properly, even though the usage is there (shown as Home instead). I'm using Charge on Solar. Screen captures taken just minutes apart, as it switches from showing Vehicle usage. Do you know why?

WithCOS.PNG
NoCOS.PNG

Sometimes the app doesn't show the Vehicle usage on the Solar graph properly, even though the usage is there (shown as Home instead). I'm using Charge on Solar. Screen captures taken just minutes apart, as it switches from showing Vehicle usage. Do you know why?

Thanks for the report, I've gotten a similar one before, but couldn't get to the bottom of it. I assume that:
1) The Tesla app shows this correctly, with both sections marked as vehicle usage (red).
2) There are two cars involved.

For some reason, there's some non-determinism in Tesla's responses in this case. To be able to investigate this further, I'd need you to do some poking at the Tesla app. If you're up for it, please DM me.