Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Help - Identifying the correct underhood part

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Tesla gurus,

Some time ago I parked the car too much forward in a parking lot and ended up having my under-hood apron pulled apart by the wheel stopper. I've been meaning to getting it fixed (possibly DIY) but cannot identify the correct part number for the apron. I've tried at epc.tesla.com for my car model (it's a 2015 S 85D - the old nose cone shape) and the closest part number I've come to - if I search by my car's model number is:

ASY U.HOOD APRON FR, PLASTIC SCF, DM 1051620-00-A

But this part doesn't look anything like what I've got under the hood of my car.

I need help on if someone can identify the exact part number of the apron which is installed under my car (see attached pictures along with damage). How do I order this part if I can get the part number right? Should I contact Tesla SC to order it on my behalf or is it easier to just order from third party suppliers (there seem to be many over the internet)?

Second question is whether I can get the existing apron fixed somehow (preferably DIY) or is replacement and re-installation of a new apron my only option? Any suggestions on how to fix this by myself will be hugely appreciated.

Attachments

• underhood-damage-1.jpg
    underhood-damage-1.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 99
  • underhood-damage-2.jpg
    underhood-damage-2.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 57