Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NE Scotland Charge Place Scotland charger update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

exlatccatsa

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2020
Kemnay
For the members in North East (Aberdeenshire).
I have been relying on home solar charging since March, but tried to charge inn Inverure last week and was unable to. I looked at Zapmap to find alternatives and was shocked to find the number of chargers with faults on them. Being unable to contact CPC after about 15 minutes, I emailed them and below is the response. I thought some of the local members might be interested.
Good Afternoon Chris ,

Thank you for getting back in touch and I apologise for the delay in reply.

I hope you have now been able to access 51496 (back of Bank of Scotland) successfully as it is now reflecting as active and communicating at present.

I have reviewed the chargers in the below areas and listed updates below :

Inverurie – Charge point EFA50494 (Burn Lane car park opp. Fennel) is currently facing a communication error , I have flagged this to the manufacturer to have this reviewed further.

Huntly – Charge point 50495 (Nelson Street) is reflecting as active and communicating at present with recent transaction history.

Oldmeldrum – Charge point 52203 (Baker Street) is reflecting as in a communication error at present , I have raised this with the manufacturer of the post.

Ellon – Charge point 51553 (Ellon Park and Ride) is currently being investigated with the manufacturers and is assigned to an engineer for replacement parts to be fitted. An engineer visited on the 13/10/21 but further work is needed and there is no date for resolve at present.

Peterhead – Charge point 60312 (Lido Car Park) has recently been commissioned but not set up fully in our systems , I have flagged this to our admin team to update the records.

Best regards

Ryan MacDonald

Service Centre Advisor

T. 0141 648 0750

E. [email protected]

W. www.chargeplacescotland.org

Reactions: init6
The chargers at Stracathro Hospital have disappeared off the CPS app map completely! Which means that you cannot start a charge using the app. I have rung to report it.

I went into Brechin today to take two kids for a ride and show them how the Tesla works and how it is charged. They got to see how the CCS fast charger shows as working and then wont start. Then I moved the car to the next bay for the Type 2 charger, showed how you keep your own cable in the frunk and how you plug it in, only to find that the charger number is not the same as the one in the app at all and so you cannot start a charge.

Went to the next CCS in Maison Dieu and got that going though.

Then explained how last week I went the length of the country and covered 1400 miles and the Tesla SC system was faultless.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Fraserburgh Bus Station - More than 18 months since installation started, still not commissioned and the car parking spaces are suitable for Twizy's only (seriously! - a model 3 will barely get half into the allocated space). What 3 word location - Disney-Bloody-Work. Pain as the only other charger in Fraserburgh does not work on CCS on Tesla as it is old firmware and will not get past the handshake.

@Overworked, send them an email. It's the only way to get things fixed...make them realise just how many chargers are us or faulty or like the burn lane and Peterhead ones, just have no power to them.
I rang them from the hospital on Wednesday morning and reported the absence from the app and they said they would notify the team, they were able to start me remotely so I got a full charge. I do report and am just about to get the report in on Brechin's woes.

Fraserburgh Bus Station - More than 18 months since installation started, still not commissioned and the car parking spaces are suitable for Twizy's only (seriously! - a model 3 will barely get half into the allocated space). What 3 word location - Disney-Bloody-Work. Pain as the only other charger in Fraserburgh does not work on CCS on Tesla as it is old firmware and will not get past the handshake.
We both burst out laughing at Disney Bloody Work!!

Not sure when they started the installation but when I ordered my car in February 20 the high speed charger, AC pole, and power cabinet were all already installed and looked to just need switched on, I thought great there will be 2 chargers to choose from by the time my car arrives. Car arrived in May then found out Fraserburgh Dalrymple does not work on CCS but does work on AC (does work on CCS on other makes but not Tesla or Jaguar apparently), Peterhead charger was the same, Ellon Park and Ride was the closest working CCS. In early September 20 they painted the parking spaces green so thought it would be switched on soon. Nothing at all has happened in more than a year, well that's not entirely true, somebody did put a sticker on it in January to tell us it was now chargeable. The parking spaces are simply not suitable for the majority of cars, my wife's Aygo just about fits within the space but anything larger sticks out the front of the space, the way it's designed something like a Model S would make it really hard for other cars to get past and in and out of surrounding spaces and possibly block the whole car park, it amazes me how it got planned and passed without someone realising this would be a problem. It wasn't so annoying when the chargers were free vend, but now the council charges a fee it would be good to get a service you can use. What gets me is that someone (I assume the council) has spend out a lot of money a long time ago to get it to this stage and it's just sitting with nothing happening, if this was a normal company someone would be pressing on to get this working and get some income from it. The whole thing is a shambles, councillor says everything will be sorted out and operational around the end of November so we'll see.

I know I'm not parked well, just reversed in quickly to take the photo's. The only way this will work is if the cars can park either side of the charger rather than directly in front of it, but this may affect all the spaces on that side of the car park, there is an AC post to the right of the CCS charger which will then also be in the wrong place and will need moved.

Attachments

• EV Bay1.jpg
    EV Bay1.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 121
  • EV Bay3.jpg
    EV Bay3.jpg
    656.6 KB · Views: 60
CCS in Alford was working well earlier today and has not failed me yet after around 10 separate visits.

Was going to charge in either Inverurie or Banchory before heading down South on Sunday so looks like it'll be Banchory now.
You probably know already but don’t forget there are 4 in Banchory - 2 up by the Sports Village and 2 down in Bellfield car park.

Reactions: Medved_77
I know I'm not parked well, just reversed in quickly to take the photo's. The only way this will work is if the cars can park either side of the charger rather than directly in front of it, but this may affect all the spaces on that side of the car park, there is an AC post to the right of the CCS charger which will then also be in the wrong place and will need moved.
There's one in Prestwick like that. It doesn't block the car park, but there are parking spaces to the side of the charger spaces and if you park properly in the charger then you block the car at then end. You have to park right in front of the charger and that makes it more difficult for people to exit. It's almost as if there are no guidelines for putting chargers in existing car parks.
Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 09.55.12.png

At least they have the sense to realise you need to park at the side of the charger though. I've no idea how any disabled person would charge at Fraserburgh Bus Station if there are other cars in the adjacent bays, not only are the charging bays far too short they are also standard width (i.e. very narrow for modern cars) with no room at either side for a disabled person to get their door fully open.

In England, many PodPoint chargers are sponsored by VW. Presumably in Scotland, eVolt chargers are sponsored by Smart o_O

Update on Fraserburgh Bus Station, the end of November promise has now moved to the end of December, Dalrymple has not worked on AC for 8 months and Model 3 does not get past the handshake on CCS due to old firmware. Basically do not come to Fraserburgh in a Tesla unless you have enough battery to get somewhere else for a charge, next nearest public charger is 20 miles away.

Update on Fraserburgh, the Dalrymple charger has now been repaired, as far as I know it will still only work on AC on Model 3 due to firmware but at least it's operational. Podpoint chargers have now been installed at Tesco, again only AC but good to have some backup to the council charger, also believe these are free vend. Will see if any progress is made on the bus station rapid during December.