Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation initializing every morning and needs a reboot daily!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for almost a month now the navigation initializing message pops up every morning when I use the navigation. The only fix is reboot every morning then it’s fine!

I tried all the reset method include factory reset and still same problem!

I’ve read that Tesla can trigger the navigation update again??? The problem occurred after the very last update. Now it reads up to date.

Tesla Navigation information, destinations. Cache data, and some map info is stored on a SD card drive. If your car is 5+ years old, the SD card is not built for many rewrites, heat, cold, etc. Now we can get SD cards for endurance and last the life of the car. One thing you may need to see is if your SD card is shrinking because data areas are damaged and being blocked. It could be MCU1, the recall, and several other issues as well. I bet you have a dying SD card. It is hard to get to.

Thanks much Dave. Had the Tesla since 2016 and is out of warranty. They did came to update the mmc last year tho. I suppose sd card is another thing. Saw that is a couple hundred dollar work! Just messaged the service team and see what they can do?!

One thing need to point out is on my last update it took almost a week to complete as I don’t get wifi all the time. And then this happened!

Thanks much Dave. Had the Tesla since 2016 and is out of warranty. They did came to update the mmc last year tho. I suppose sd card is another thing. Saw that is a couple hundred dollar work! Just messaged the service team and see what they can do?!

One thing need to point out is on my last update it took almost a week to complete as I don’t get wifi all the time. And then this happened!
They should replace the Navigation SD card when they are in there already for the mmc, but they do not. You press it and it pops out. You replace it with an Endurance SD card. Problem is getting to the SD card. If you have a 3G cell card, you may want to upgrade that to 4G while they are in there. It isn't expensive either, and the 3G will stop being supported next year.