Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation History Disappearing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week, all of a sudden, my navigation history, Home, Work, Favorites all disappeared! There have been no changes or firmware updates since 2020.4.1 from Jan 2020.

I reentered some info in. And then a few hours later, it disappeared again.

I've done multiple resets, but all the history and the saved locations disappear. So the issue has been with me for 1 week.

However, it still remembers my home for my Homelink and automatic folding of side mirrors.

Anyone experience this and what was the resolution?

For future reference to those that may experience, this, I contacted Tesla and they said they said the issue is with a corrupted database and they can fix it over the air. But I'm still waiting.
Hello, I’m now having this same issue. I’ve scheduled a service appointment and I’m waiting to hear from them. Did they fix this over the air like mentioned? I’m hoping it’s that easy.

I'm having this issue recently. I'm going to take it to Tesla service centre this Friday.
I eventually fixed it myself since I was out of warranty and didn’t wanna pay them to just do a factory reset. Which is what I did and it worked. Yeah, it wiped out my saved game histories and I had to set my garage doors up again with homelink. But ᖍ(ツ)ᖌ better than paying money.

Mine just did this, I feel like it’s a bad cloud profile sync now as both my cars show 0 recents and 0 favorites. I’ll put a comment in my existing service ticket as my tow mode is missing with my installed hitch too.
Mine has been doing something similar, but my favorites are fine it's only recent destinations that wipe, about every week. It's really annoying, did you find any fix?

Adding to this discussion that I initially lost my Slacker Radio login (not on subscription ). I then noticed I lost my navigation recents and favorites under my synced/cloud profile with recent update 2024.3.25 (FSD v12.3.6). I got back the Slacker Radio login afterwards about a few minutes later. But nothing for the navigation.

Update on my issue: I sent in a service ticket to let Tesla know of this glitch. At first, Tesla representative was clueless about the issue and thought I was having subscription issue and was told to call Tesla. I replied back that I was experiencing software data issue related to their update. I got a call from my local Tesla Service Center. They wanted to charge a diagnosis fee of $150 for my issue. I was like WTF, why charge me for a software issue that was brought on by Tesla? It's obvious that I can't get back my personalized data, but to go down the rabbit hole with them troubleshooting my car and come back with a "database corruption" response (this issue is similar to what I experienced years ago, but under warranty) is a waste of my money. The representative then said if they found the problem, they wouldn't charge me $150. I respectfully declined and wanted Tesla to be put on noticed that I experienced this issue that is probably rare. Representative said that the issue will be documented and that he said this was the first time he ever heard of this issue.