Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2013 model s just updated the other day. And now i get this error below and i cant navigate anywhere. Any solutions?

Attachments

• E2E3EF0D-1B69-463A-86FB-E1B16AFE6F26.jpeg
    E2E3EF0D-1B69-463A-86FB-E1B16AFE6F26.jpeg
    583.4 KB · Views: 128
  • A85B1780-5B9F-4E2B-9D45-6A44117E185D.jpeg
    A85B1780-5B9F-4E2B-9D45-6A44117E185D.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 106
I connected to my hotspot and nothing happens, it says that it has the latesy updates in the 2nd pic
Yes, your firmware update is up-to-date but you map is not.

The map needs lots of bandwidth. I think as long as you got a reliable hotspot 24/7 that does not time out, you will eventually get the map download.

Until then, sorry about missing your navigation.

Reactions: Sanderpman12
I've never had the navigation data totally disappear even when it was prompting for a new map database to be downloaded. Not impossible that's your problem, but not something I've every experienced, even when I was away from wifi for a few days and it was indicating a new NAV maps update was available.

It appears by your 2020.xx software build you're still on MCU1 and have not done the upgrade to MCU2. Another possibility is I've seen some reports of people having the SIM card used to store the navigation data with MCU1 go bad. This appears to be a different SIM storage card than the eMMC chip which fails and subject to the recall. If failure of the NAV sim card is the issue, you'll either need to book a service appointment with Tesla to get the card replaced, find a 3rd party shop that will do it, or attempt it yourself (it does involve I believe removing a lot of the dash/trim around the MCU as I believe the card may plug into a slot on the right side of the screen).

Here's link to a thread that speaks to similar symptoms with failure of the NAV sim card being the issue.

I had this same issue and had to take my car to the SC. The challenge was that my car went offline when a software update got stuck at 30% according to the tech. They updated me to the latest software and restored my saved settings.

Can you access your car via the app? If not, I suspect you have the same issue as I had.