Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav in AutoPilot Green Light Confirmation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn’t Elon mention that a FW update was coming to allow us to go through green lights without having to confirm? Or was I dreaming that? Maybe it went to EAP members for beta? I’m still having to either stalk-it or accel pedal it. (FWP) First World Problem! ;) Nevertheless what’s its status?

Ski

Ah.......driving home late last night and yea.....no cars in front of me and grand to do the dance to advance through each green. One thing I notice based on variations is that if I tapped the stalk to advance or continue as they say....it would accept it start to advance, however if I tapped it too early or too far a distance ahead of the light it still wanted to occasionally jam the breaks and stop at the light for a second confirmation now that I was closer. Still trying to tweak and figure out that “window” of what’s too early....I’m sure it’s dependent on speed etc. in combination with distance to the light/intersection.

Meant to ad this: Tesla To Drop Autopilot's Green Light Confirmation In Coming Software Update — Confirmed

Ski

Didn’t Elon mention that a FW update was coming to allow us to go through green lights without having to confirm? Or was I dreaming that? Maybe it went to EAP members for beta? I’m still having to either stalk-it or accel pedal it. (FWP) First World Problem! ;) Nevertheless what’s its status?

Ski
The update you’re referring to is 2020.36. I just installed it tonight in my 2017MS w/HW3. I haven’t had a chance to test it yet, BUT I have a question for others. Since I now have 2020.36, why didn’t I previously get 2020.32.2 which had auto close windows and dynamic brake lights which were not mentioned in the release notes?