Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model-X resale value just dropped significantly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't taken delivery of my new X yet. I'm definitely leasing it now.

I tried to build a new X. It didn't offer a delivery estimate. If I build a new S, the estimate is mid-2017. However, if I build a new MS P100D it's available in December.

Decision time!

If it makes you feel better the people who get a new Model S/X won't have AP/TACC/AEB/ETC for a good 6+ months.

They could end up going a complete year before reaching parity with what you have.

This is CONSIDERABLY different than Tesla simply activating/tweaking features that MobileEye had already implemented. This is full on in-house Tesla SW development.

They did the Trip Planner so that might made you feel a bit better about letting others carry the weight while you simply enjoy what you have.

I don't think this is something Tesla wanted to do so soon, but they were forced into it because of Mobileeye being a terrible supplier.

If it makes you feel better the people who get a new Model S/X won't have AP/TACC/AEB/ETC for a good 6+ months.

They could end up going a complete year before reaching parity with what you have.

This is CONSIDERABLY different than Tesla simply activating/tweaking features that MobileEye had already implemented. This is full on in-house Tesla SW development.

They did the Trip Planner so that might made you feel a bit better about letting others carry the weight while you simply enjoy what you have.

I don't think this is something Tesla wanted to do so soon, but they were forced into it because of Mobileeye being a terrible supplier.
I read that it will be December of this year.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Ok, may I just remind everyone that it took a year after AP 1 was announced for the software to enable it.

People cancelled the orders or bought new cars directly after the announcement, and they ended up driving through 33% of the lifetime of the lease before they for the first time saw AP.

So don't feel too bad. It's not like if you took delivery last week, the owner who will pick it up in a week is going to start having AP 2 and you don't.

Not by a LONG shot. You didn't miss it by a week or a month - you missed it by a year. So enjoy your car for the next year - it will pretty much still be the same as cars coming off the delivery line for the foreseeable future.