Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Mobile Connector Displays Nothing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no green or red lights. Nothing. Gen 2 On a nema 14-50 to 240 volt. Preowned 85d car. From Tesla. Worked fine for week I’ve had car. Now nothing. Doesn’t work on multiple 110s in my garage either. Nothing on umc or charge port. Supercharger works great.

Dead umc? Called service center but after 2 so got to roadside and he didn’t help much other than “bring it in”. I set up a ranger appointment. But won’t get back to me.

The 240 Outlet is on its own 50
Amp circuit. No trips. First thing I checked.

Tried inserting it to a GFI 110. Nothing. No green led lights illuminate on the mobile charger. Same as 240. I know these outlets function.

The car gives a warning of “check external power source”

For the one week this mobile connector was functioning the led lights were solid green when it was plugged into outlet and not the car.

I’m prob asking rhetorical questions. 90% it’s a dead mobile connector.

Same thing happened to me today. The UMC has been working for over a year. All the sudden it stopped working. Notification shows "unable to charge - check power source - check external charging equipment" I'm assuming dead UMC? any advice before I spend a few hundred $ to buy a new one?

Same thing happened to me today. The UMC has been working for over a year. All the sudden it stopped working. Notification shows "unable to charge - check power source - check external charging equipment" I'm assuming dead UMC? any advice before I spend a few hundred $ to buy a new one?
What did you end up doing? Having same issue myself. I am within a year so I expect Tesla to replace the faulty device.