Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My app will not connect to car that's in service?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

number12

Supporting Member
Aug 16, 2016
Tesla
does this mean my 7.1 car is currently being defiled with 8.0?

If not, why would this be the case?

Seems shady either way. I never gave them permission to update and even asked them not to.

And no items needed firmware updates (I don't think so).. I sent an email asking to be contacted if update was needed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Which is why I have my car set up to automatically re-enable remote access every minute. It means that if someone like a thief (really Tesla, this doesn't require a PIN????), or service tech, turns it off, the car will automatically turn it back on so I can see what's happening.

Which is why I have my car set up to automatically re-enable remote access every minute. It means that if someone like a thief (really Tesla, this doesn't require a PIN????), or service tech, turns it off, the car will automatically turn it back on so I can see what's happening.
We can't all have the luxury of having root access. PIN? Nitpicking aren't we? Why not criticize Microsoft for not requiring password to turn off Remote Desktop services then?

We can't all have the luxury of having root access. PIN? Nitpicking aren't we? Why not criticize Microsoft for not requiring password to turn off Remote Desktop services then?
I might nitpick Microsoft, but I don't use their products. That said, you DO need a password to turn off Remote Desktop services, you can't do it without admin access, which you shouldn't be using on your normal account (just because most people do, doesn't mean it's a good idea)

I might nitpick Microsoft, but I don't use their products. That said, you DO need a password to turn off Remote Desktop services, you can't do it without admin access, which you shouldn't be using on your normal account (just because most people do, doesn't mean it's a good idea)
I think of it this way, you are admin user when you have the keyfob. If that wasn't the case, you shouldn't be able to set the pin for valet mode either. So then once you are signed in as a local admin you don't need password confirmation to make the Remote Desktop change.

does this mean my 7.1 car is currently being defiled with 8.0?

If not, why would this be the case?

Seems shady either way. I never gave them permission to update and even asked them not to.

And no items needed firmware updates (I don't think so).. I sent an email asking to be contacted if update was needed.

Any advice would be appreciated.
8.0 comes with just enough benefits you won't feel too bad about the extra AP nagging.
Other than the nags it's pretty much all good, especially now the USB issues have been mostly resolved.