Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang mach-e

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We find that fact truly bizarre here… no such restrictions in any state in Australia. Isn’t the USA supposed to be the land of “free enterprise” where the “dead hand of Government” doesn’t tell businesses how they can and cannot sell their products?

Believe that if you like. But in this country big business tells Congress how business is conducted. In this case it is the doings of the Automobile Dealers Association as well as the legacy manufacturers which have a powerful lobby group. They’ve been at it since the 1930s, so they’re pretty good at knowing what they are doing. It’s the circular logic where money=power and more money=more power.

Believe that if you like. But in this country big business tells Congress how business is conducted. In this case it is the doings of the Automobile Dealers Association as well as the legacy manufacturers which have a powerful lobby group. They’ve been at it since the 1930s, so they’re pretty good at knowing what they are doing. It’s the circular logic where money=power and more money=more power.
Dealers in the US have been voicing their opinion as of late on EV's and it is not positive.

I’ve observed nothing but dealer and big brand negativity on ev in my decade of tesla ownership. This isn’t new.
Except now they are making a concerted effort to role back not just the selling of EV's, but the infrastructure. This> is the attitude of many many dealers> "I have a background in automotive sales and know that sales is the transfer of emotion. If dealers are not excited about selling electric cars, that attitude will filter down through the entire organization. Customers will sense that negative energy and decide not to buy an EV." This attitude sums up the experience I and people I know in the Electric Vehicle Association in Oregon..and as I have read, across the county as well.

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
We saw that attempted here in Australia but as our automotive industry got way too greedy they ended up failing.

Some got large bailouts from the government which was kinda ironic, but then one by one they all closed and left the country which was inevitable. Now we have no domestic car manufacturing and import everything.

The old Holden plant here in my home town of Adelaide has sat vacant for years but recently has been used as a holding yard for new Teslas as they await delivery at the Delivery Centre ;)

Reactions: evo9rs