Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Musk: V10 wide release "hopefully end of august" after early access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BTW, another version of Enh Summon. So, lets see if we get some youtube videos of that.

Yes! Post here when we find them.

The visualizations are useless for actual driving use. They are of limited value to determine what the car can see (a minimum amount it sees I guess). Rotating them seems less than helpful. Maybe it is a debug feature they left in.

I can tell you that this is exactly what happens. Current EAP folks are on 2019.20.4.6 while the latest release on mine is 2019.28.3.1. That's a lot of time in-between releases. I've driven a 2019.20.4.6 car and it doesn't behave the same as mine wrt autopilot.

I'll argue that some of these features require lengthy cycles to develop so when one creates the branch it will take a long time to get to release. In the meantime main has moved on and now the dev team has to decide how critical it is to merge main out to their branch. Probably not since the purpose was not to test the integration of EAP features with other features but to do that stand alone for those EAP features.
OMG English please? Pretend Im stupid... actually no need to pretend :p

"Hungry mode" and "I feel lucky" mode in navigation currently in development.
green on Twitter
hungry.jpg

Oliver: Please sir, may I have waypoints?
Elon: No! Hungry mode for you!

I can tell you that this is exactly what happens. Current EAP folks are on 2019.20.4.6 while the latest release on mine is 2019.28.3.1. That's a lot of time in-between releases. I've driven a 2019.20.4.6 car and it doesn't behave the same as mine wrt autopilot.

I'll argue that some of these features require lengthy cycles to develop so when one creates the branch it will take a long time to get to release. In the meantime main has moved on and now the dev team has to decide how critical it is to merge main out to their branch. Probably not since the purpose was not to test the integration of EAP features with other features but to do that stand alone for those EAP features.

OMG English please? Pretend Im stupid... actually no need to pretend :p

He's saying that while mainstream folks are using AP version 20.x, he's testing version 28.x which is obviously far ahead.

New software variations (branches) are derived from a main variation at time X. A new AP variation is developed independently from the main variation for testing and development, so changes to main variation don't cause bugs in the new AP variation and vice versa, because both variations can be updated independently as necessary.

If it takes a long time to test the new AP variation, the main variation can undergo many changes from where it was at time X, when the branch occurred.

This means the changes in the latest AP variation (based on main X) and latest main are hard to merge, because latest main is so different from main X.

It may not be worth merging them yet. Or maybe it was never the intent to merge them. Sometimes branches are created just to test something out.

Last edited:
He's saying that while mainstream folks are using AP version 20.x, he's testing version 28.x which is obviously far ahead.

New software variations (branches) are derived from a main variation at time X. A new AP variation is developed independently from the main variation for testing and development, so changes to main variation don't cause bugs in the new AP variation and vice versa, because both variations can be updated independently as necessary.

If it takes a long time to test the new AP variation, the main variation can undergo many changes from where it was at time X, when the branch occurred.

This means the changes in the latest AP variation (based on main X) and latest main are hard to merge, because latest main is so different from main X.

It may not be worth merging them yet. Or maybe it was never the intent to merge them. Sometimes branches are created just to test something out.
Thanks for that. I was trying to figure out how to explain software development in as few words as possible. :D

While I know there are many people excited to get this "Smart Summon", and they are going to try it. I'm not. The version coming out is just too quirky for me and I am not going to risk it. Yea, sure, a little faster driving, a route guide, etc, but that driving on the wrong side in a parking lot and a couple other things are worrisome to me. I'll just wait for next year while other folks play with their remote control car and wreck it :eek:

This is what I call, “More parlor tricks/gimmicks,” absent real FSD substance.

“Look, look over here.... Not there... here, here, no here...”

YAYYYY yet two more features to add to my list of “totally useless” Maybe you can fart the whole way there..... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am definitely in the camp that is more interested in AP/FSD progress than these miscellaneous features. But if I am not mistaken, Elon added "hungry" and "lucky" mode because tesla owners asked him on twitter. So there are tesla owners who wanted them.

I am definitely in the camp that is more interested in AP/FSD progress than these miscellaneous features. But if I am not mistaken, Elon added "hungry" and "lucky" mode because tesla owners asked him on twitter. So there are tesla owners who wanted them.

I want a spoiler that fits. I’ve asked him on Twitter. Took 11 months to get one. It’ll probably take another 11 to get one that fits. He just needs to stop being so “cute” with this trivial BS.