Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: V10 wide release "hopefully end of august" after early access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD folks don't really want to be apart of the early access program, They just want FW updates before others get it. Following some folks on the other Tesla forum has indicated that most early access folks were still on 2019.20.4.6 until about a week ago or so when those folks got folded back into the main release (2019.32.1) losing Enhanced Summon (of those that posted about it at least).

• Disagree
Reactions: d21mike and S100D
My question is: If by the time you wish to trade-in your vehicle, could you not take Tesla to task and demand that they apply FSD to the next vehicle (assuming you stick with Tesla)? Eventually Tesla has to deliver or I'm sure a class-action lawsuit would start which wouldn't be beneficial to anyone (except the lawyers).

Well I am hopeful the FSD computer upgrade rollout won’t take too long. Once I get the upgrade, I will then feel like at least something tangible was delivered for my $$. Doesn’t matter if the chip doesn’t do anything, I can at least point to it and say that was what the package got me.

Others probably actually want the software, though, so it will be interesting. (I am less interested in FSD now that we know it is city NoA and stoplight/stop sign reading. I wanted rock solid nag-free freeway Level 3, which I figured back when I bought was the easier task vs city driving, etc)

Reactions: pilotSteve
Those things work off of wifi only, so the premium connectivity is irrelevant for now.

it’s not entirely irrelevant actually. The question is if they will even be accessible to use via WiFi. You could stream Spotify via a WiFi connection or browse the web via WiFi too but you can’t even get at those. I wanted to know if that entertainment tab is even showing up on the SR+

The car now differentiates solid, double solid, and dashed lane lines. This is important for city NoA I would assume.

Most definitely. It means that AP knows the difference between double solid and dashed lane lines which will be important when doing maneuvers on city streets. For example, crossing a double solid when you are making an unprotected left turn.

Most definitely. It means that AP knows the difference between double solid and dashed lane lines which will be important when doing maneuvers on city streets. For example, crossing a double solid when you are making an unprotected left turn.
I may be wrong, but I am on 32.1 and it appears that the car understands those lane types now, but doesn't display it the same way as V10 does.

On NC-168 we have 4 lane road with shared center turn lane. It is now showing in display as an extra left lane where it used to not show at all.

It’s great and useful that AP can recognize these (and display them!), but FYI in most place you can cross a double yellow when making unprotected left turns (two double yellows is usually considered a barrier you can’t drive on, though).

Well I am hopeful the FSD computer upgrade rollout won’t take too long. Once I get the upgrade, I will then feel like at least something tangible was delivered for my $$. Doesn’t matter if the chip doesn’t do anything, I can at least point to it and say that was what the package got me.

Others probably actually want the software, though, so it will be interesting. (I am less interested in FSD now that we know it is city NoA and stoplight/stop sign reading. I wanted rock solid nag-free freeway Level 3, which I figured back when I bought was the easier task vs city driving, etc)

I agree that getting the FSD/MCU3 computer will help offset the "investment". That said, it really should be first bought first serve at this point.

Of course, because I'm in Canada and subject to different government rules, I think I'll be SOL for some V10 functionality anyway and always subject to "if" rather than "when" will we get full-functionality. For instance, Summon as it currently stands is barely usable as it requires you to be within about 10 feet of the car to activate it (when it actually does work). I doubt we'll get the Advanced Summon functionality.

It’s great and useful that AP can recognize these (and display them!), but FYI in most place you can cross a double yellow when making unprotected left turns (two double yellows is usually considered a barrier you can’t drive on, though).

Yes, I know about crossing a double yellow when making an unprotected left turn. That is why mentioned that example. Recognizing a double yellow would be very useful for AP to correctly make that unprotected left turn. It would use the double yellow as a reference to know what lane it should steer into.

The same thing said over and over again in every thread, doesn't matter the context is trolling. May be FUD. Reeks of ulterior motives.

It makes no sense, wastes everyone's time and mocks everyone's intelligence.

Ok then. Let’s only allow posts praising Tesla. That’s sure to be constructive. They’re the perfect company.

Maybe if Tesla really worked to fix things currently wrong, instead of adding more useless features... oh. Who am I kidding. Elon cares too much about being cute. Just you wait and see though. There will still be dancing cars, audio glitches, stanky ass A/C yadda yadda yadda in v10. Oh, but we will get “hungry mode”. Yippy.

That's fantastic!! AP is able to see a lot more of the driving environment now!! Looks a lot more like a representation of the actual driving environment rather than just just a lane keeping tool.

I don't know. There is definitely a lot more showing up, but the lines disappeared for no apparent reason quite a few times, which I haven't really seen for a normally marked street with the current builds. It would have been nice to see the video capture the actual road (even a little out of focus) in addition to the visualization so that we could understand whether those dropouts made any sense. Not very helpful.

It also doesn't allow us to see the lag on the visualization (not that that matters at all if it is limited to the visualization). For example, with current builds, the visualization lags by about a second (watch a pedestrian pass in front of your car at a crosswalk).

Last edited:
I don't know. There is definitely a lot more showing up, but the lines disappeared for no apparent reason quite a few times, which I haven't really seen for a normally marked street with the current builds. It would have been nice to see the video capture the actual road in addition to the visualization. Not very helpful.

I agree about the need to see the real road to compare. I am guessing maybe he was crossing a large intersection where the middle lines disappear?

right, so what 15 days later than he 'hoped'. Where is the accountability for all the loud mouths stating as a fact it would be crazy late and Elon never keeps his promises? Waiting for apologies below... Don't be shy. I see no reason why you can't just 'do the right thing'....oh wait, shoes on the other foot. Gotta love the internet.
Still want to know what we're supposed to apologise for? Only early access has V10 beta so far. Let's not forget all the V7, V8, and V9 promises that haven't even materialised, let alone be late.