Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: V10 wide release "hopefully end of august" after early access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I trade my car in today, I would get $30,000 less plus all of the normal depreciation added on top of that. I accept that Teslas will get cheaper over time so laugh on @EVNow. What I don't accept is being lied to by Tesla and then them trying to make me believe that Early Wide Access release which everyone one can get satisfies their promise to me.
Apparently your contradiction even in the very next sentence escapes you. You either care what others get or you don't. Only if you do, would you want something "extra" because you paid something "extra".

• Disagree
Reactions: am_dmd
I could care less what other Tesla owners get. .

First, I assume you mean you couldn't care less. If you're going to argue on wording, please at least be correct in your arguments.

Second, it's clearly true you do care. You're clearly hung up on the fact that you didn't get an invite. Maybe Elon should Invite the superior FSD purchasers to EAP, accept them, then cancel the program. Then you would have nothing to complain about. You'd have received your invite.

Last edited:
First, I assume you mean you couln't care less. If you're going to argue on wording, please at least be correct in your arguments.

Second, it's clearly true you do care. You're clearly hung up on the fact that you didn't get an invite. Maybe Elon should Invite the superior FSD purchasers to EAP, accept them, then cancel the program. Then you would have nothing to complain about. You'd have received your invite.

“One shouldn’t throw stones when they live in a glass house...” “Couln’t...”

right, so what 15 days later than he 'hoped'. Where is the accountability for all the loud mouths stating as a fact it would be crazy late and Elon never keeps his promises? Waiting for apologies below... Don't be shy. I see no reason why you can't just 'do the right thing'....oh wait, shoes on the other foot. Gotta love the internet.
Did I miss something? I've only seen posts about early access releases so far.

First, I assume you mean you couldn't care less. If you're going to argue on wording, please at least be correct in your arguments.

May be it was a Freudian slip ;)

right, so what 15 days later than he 'hoped'. Where is the accountability for all the loud mouths stating as a fact it would be crazy late and Elon never keeps his promises? Waiting for apologies below... Don't be shy. I see no reason why you can't just 'do the right thing'....oh wait, shoes on the other foot. Gotta love the internet.
They always ignore Tesla's achievements and only focus on where they are late.

Hallmark of trolls.

Early adoption is not for you mate. You wanted early access, you got it. Why be upset that others get something too? Why look a gift horse in the mouth?

Give a mouse a cookie...

Yes Hugh, I should have said that I couldn't care less what other owners get. I corrected a few typos but I missed that one.

My response was to @alsetym's comment, "You wanted early access, you got it. Why be upset that others get something too?"

I am not upset that others got Wide Early Access also. If people believe that they are getting something other than what they received before, they are drinking Tesla's cool-aid. Wide Early Access is the same as a new firmware that was approved after Early Access Program sign-off.

There are owners that get features that I don't get, but it does not upset me. Here are some of the features that I currently do not have:
  • The possibility of the MCU2 upgrade that Elon said we would get
  • Sentry Mode that writes to a SD card
  • Lane Departure Avoidance and Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance
  • Most of the new games that have been released
I understand and accept that due to the hardware that I have in my Model S, that I may never get most of the new features except a possible AP3 upgrade.

Elon will never cancel the EAP program. The program is needed to do the final testing before it is sent out for mass distribution. There were a few early FSD adopters that did receive an invitation to join the EAP. They responded saying that they wanted to be part of the program, but Tesla never sent them any EAP releases to test. Tesla did not fulfill Elon's commitment because the Tesla owner never became part of the EAP program.

I do not believe that I am superior to any other Tesla owners, but by your response, it is evident that you think your are superior. This is a misconception on your part.

LOL. Irony knows no bounds.

How about refund me what I paid "extra" for LR RWD a year back ? For the same money we can get a AWD Performance.

Fair comparison in my opinion. I paid way more for my LR RWD than if I had waited, but I am an adult responsible for my own actions. I looked at my needs and my finances and what was on offer and I made a decision. I see it as new comers get and EVEN BETTER value rather than me getting 'screwed'. This us vs them stuff is what is getting the world in so much trouble. What you are asking would be roughly equivalent to asking Elon to slow down new LR RWD cars so that you felt like you got more for spending more money last year.

This forum has turned into crabs in a bucket.

You folks forget that no early FSD buyer has seen any features yet. Zero. I don’t care that I paid as much for my LR RWD as a P Model today. I got to be the first one on my block with a 3 and really enjoyed being an early car. (2017 Model 3 VIN 1986 FTW!)

However. I pre-ordered FSD for $3k in 2017 and Tesla has yet to deliver. I can’t even get a refund if I am tired of waiting. So it stings a bit when they lower the price, and I can’t even cancel my pre-order for non-delivery of goods. It is like a really bad Kickstarter. So, yes, we are bitter. I don’t know of any other product or service where a company could go 3 years without delivering anything (after promising 3 to 6 months) and people would be fine with that.

Edit: And unfortunately, enhanced summon does not count as an early FSD delivery. It was listed under EAP back in the day. Unless they decide to p* off all the EAP folks and only give enhanced summon to FSD package buyers.

That's because you are new to EV space.

I paid for L3 charging on my Leaf lease in 2011 I never got to use. And, I'm not bitter.

Eh, I was a Volt owner before I bought my first S. I am not THAT new.

I am guessing you actually had the hardware on your Leaf from delivery though even if you couldn’t use the stations. I would be OK with that if the same was true for FSD. Because I would have something tangible for the $$. If you had decided to buy out the lease, you would have had value in that hardware that other cars didn’t have.

You folks forget that no early FSD buyer has seen any features yet. Zero. I don’t care that I paid as much for my LR RWD as a P Model today. I got to be the first one on my block with a 3 and really enjoyed being an early car. (2017 Model 3 VIN 1986 FTW!)

However. I pre-ordered FSD for $3k in 2017 and Tesla has yet to deliver. I can’t even get a refund if I am tired of waiting. So it stings a bit when they lower the price, and I can’t even cancel my pre-order for non-delivery of goods. It is like a really bad Kickstarter. So, yes, we are bitter. I don’t know of any other product or service where a company could go 3 years without delivering anything (after promising 3 to 6 months) and people would be fine with that.

Edit: And unfortunately, enhanced summon does not count as an early FSD delivery. It was listed under EAP back in the day. Unless they decide to p* off all the EAP folks and only give enhanced summon to FSD package buyers.

My question is: If by the time you wish to trade-in your vehicle, could you not take Tesla to task and demand that they apply FSD to the next vehicle (assuming you stick with Tesla)? Eventually Tesla has to deliver or I'm sure a class-action lawsuit would start which wouldn't be beneficial to anyone (except the lawyers).

20190916_053111.jpg
The car now differentiates solid, double solid, and dashed lane lines. This is important for city NoA I would assume.