Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mt. Washington NH - Tesla car club 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@all, please RSVP at the meetup:

http://www.meetup.com/New-England-Tesla-Motors-Club/events/220039802/

- - - Updated - - -

@all
I'm pretty excited about this event - this will be a fantastic opportunity for the community to get together. There's a mountain festival happening during this time, so we should expect quite a few cyclists in the area. The other event details are here:

http://24hoursofgreatglen.com/

A 24-hour mountain bike race wrapped into a weekend-long mountain bike festival. Hardcore racers tackle the singletrack and carriage roads. Families enjoy the festival games and 24 Minutes of Great Glen kids’ race. And everyone enjoys the atmosphere!

Yes, but if we're doing an early morning run, I'd rather drive up the evening before and enjoy a meal in Jackson, then drive up with a fresh mind and solid charge. (Trying to sell this to the spouse, who doesn't really care about cars except when they break.)

The Joe Dodge Lodge is 5 mi down the road and has 48A charging. We stayed there over Thanksgiving and it snowed 12" overnight. Had a great time hiking the first day, and skiing after it snowed! Maybe your spouse likes that sort of thing? Lots of beautiful scenery, walking/hiking trails etc.

IMG00016.jpg

IMG00018.jpg

bhuwan, I noticed on the meetup, the Mt Washington Auto road trip seems to be travelling to the summit in the auto road 15 passenger vans.. you know we'd all rather summit in our Model S's. Do they have an early morning drive where we can use out own vehicles? how early? thanks.

bhuwan, I noticed on the meetup, the Mt Washington Auto road trip seems to be travelling to the summit in the auto road 15 passenger vans.. you know we'd all rather summit in our Model S's. Do they have an early morning drive where we can use out own vehicles? how early? thanks.

Yeah I pasted the wrong text - we're all driving our cars.
I'm trying to find out the available times.

If I may ask, how are long distant travelers doing this? Even with the recent opening at Hookset, one wouldn't be able to make it to Mt Washington and back to Hookset. Is everyone getting rooms near by? It has been over 20 years since I have been to Mt Washington and this get together is something I would like to do, but coming from CT, I would definitely hit the Hooksett charger, but as I said, per Google maps I wouldn't be able to make it back to Hooksett from Mt Washington. Or is there something I am missing here?

If I may ask, how are long distant travelers doing this? Even with the recent opening at Hookset, one wouldn't be able to make it to Mt Washington and back to Hookset. Is everyone getting rooms near by? It has been over 20 years since I have been to Mt Washington and this get together is something I would like to do, but coming from CT, I would definitely hit the Hooksett charger, but as I said, per Google maps I wouldn't be able to make it back to Hooksett from Mt Washington. Or is there something I am missing here?

If you read the thread from the 2013 trip you'll find the answer to your question. Getting there with enough charge was half the fun! We went to a campground (40A) and hung out with some other Tesla owners there. Another campground just up the road also had a few Model S charging. The Auto Road itself has a 70A charger installed which was in use continuously. Others used destination charging along the way while stopping for a meal or overnight.

Not Mt Washington but I've traveled thousands of miles without the use of Superchargers by staying at airbnb hosts and plugging into their dryer or stove outlets overnight. I always confirmed this would be OK before hand and paid extra for the service.

I have no idea of what family plans will be on then so who knows, but agree that a morning drive would be preferable for a change, and for higher chance of good visibility.

As for charging, there is added infrastructure since we did this in August 2013 - when I spent several hours napping around midnight plugged into a NEMA 1450 outlet at an RV dealer in Conway. Several hotels in the Conway area have added chargers (Red Jacket Inn among others, and Eagle Mountain House has an HPWC), Omni Mt. Washington has two NEMA 1450s, and AMC Highland Center Lodge has 1 or 2 J1772s, as does the Pinkham Notch Visitor Center.

I have no idea of what family plans will be on then so who knows, but agree that a morning drive would be preferable for a change, and for higher chance of good visibility.

As for charging, there is added infrastructure since we did this in August 2013 - when I spent several hours napping around midnight plugged into a NEMA 1450 outlet at an RV dealer in Conway. Several hotels in the Conway area have added chargers (Red Jacket Inn among others, and Eagle Mountain House has an HPWC), Omni Mt. Washington has two NEMA 1450s, and AMC Highland Center Lodge has 1 or 2 J1772s, as does the Pinkham Notch Visitor Center.

Just curious. When you guys did this last time were there any other cars on route?

Thanks!

That was indeed a great day. I would suggest that we set up something where we can all have a big meal together, as that is a great part of the celebration. Also, some kind of Celebration at the top, sparkling cider, smoke a lithium ion battery, Attemptt world record for Frunk-Stuffing of small children,etc. I will share more great ideas like this when they come up.

I would be down as well, it's still further in the future and if nothing shows up on my calendar, I'm in 100%.

There is also the Alternative Energy summit happening around the same time - July 25th, just FYI.

This is true - thanks for the post. We've scheduled the Alt Energy Summit for July 25 this year, and it's the 40th anniversary of the first "Alt Energy Regatta". This year it will be focused on a one-day Saturday event. All the information is here: ALT Energy Summit presented by NH Electric Cooperative

Hope you can make it!

This is true - thanks for the post. We've scheduled the Alt Energy Summit for July 25 this year, and it's the 40th anniversary of the first "Alt Energy Regatta". This year it will be focused on a one-day Saturday event. All the information is here: ALT Energy Summit presented by NH Electric Cooperative

Hope you can make it!

Hi Ted,

I'll try to make it this year as well, it was a blast last year. The only downside to a one day event is the lack of charging infrastructure in the area and only 1x70A charger available will be tough on EV drivers coming from more than 100 miles away, hopefully the Hookset SC can offset some range anxiety for Tesla owners.
I'm sure it will work out at the end, but it's something to keep in mind.