Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New to Tesla ownership with 5th EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello from NW WA State,
I'm excited to be getting my first Tesla later this week. I am purchasing from a private party, a 2013 Model S 85P+ with 51K miles. I've had a Niro EV (wonderful but too small and too slow charging on road trips, and 3 Pacifica Plug-ins over the last 4 years. The Pacifica was ok, but I'd really like to go just EV, and the last one had so many electronic issues and FCA had no replacement ACC model until sometime next year, and I was tired of being without cruise/FCW/AEB/ACC for the last 4 months on a new car! So I got a great price selling to Carmax and am finally getting the premium EV sedan in my price category with the 2013 model S. I also test drove the 3 and the Y, but the seats were HIGHLY uncomfortable for me with not enough hip width since the bolsters were pressing in from the sides. The Model S is so comfortable for longer road trips, and a classic!
PLEASE, anyone here, advise if there is a recommended place online to go for a guide how to use the Model S with all it's features from 2013. I know a few basics, but really would like to get a better working knowledge since it will now be my primary car. Just Youtube?, or is there a specific recommendation anyone has?
Also, I don't care for the 21 inch performance rims/tires that came with it as I'm interested in smother ride and EV efficiency. Has anyone had experience replacing them with 19 inch? I'm thinking of using the EV01+ system rims that EV-olution Youtube Andre Lawrence did a video about on his Niro. Any thoughts to improved ride on rougher roads/bumps, and efficiency with 19 inch?
Thanks everyone!

Reactions: Ormond