Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving to EU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I am planning to move to EU from US and hoping to bring my 2015 Model S, P85D, with.
Does anyone have any info to share what to expect from vehicle charging to connectivity in Europe.
Currently i have tesla home charger hooked up on a 240 VAC with 50 amp breaker which I use it daily and hoping to bring it with the car. Any recommendations for home charging and also public charging in EU will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi,
I am planning to move to EU from US and hoping to bring my 2015 Model S, P85D, with.
Does anyone have any info to share what to expect from vehicle charging to connectivity in Europe.
Currently i have tesla home charger hooked up on a 240 VAC with 50 amp breaker which I use it daily and hoping to bring it with the car. Any recommendations for home charging and also public charging in EU will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Hi there, as I don't know where you will settle down it might be too far for you. But In Czech rep, Ostrava there's one really experiened guy who has already done some US=>EU car conversions. Contacto to him is: TESLA.DUZI.CZ Good luck!

Hi,

Thanks in advance
Hi,
For public charging station infrastructure in Europe, you can check the Plugshare map. Let me give you a link to locate superchargers and Tesla destination chargers from Plugshare.
Tesla Supercharger Map | PlugShare
Tesla Charging Station Map | PlugShare

Thanks everyone for the prompt replies. Links are very helpful, i already messaged the Tesla guy in Czech rep and downloaded the Plug share app.
I will be going in Macedonia, on the south end of Europe for retirement next year and planning ahead.
Does any one has experience in connecting US home charger over in EU home garage?
Really love the car and i think it will serve me good over there so i still weigh in the pros and cons in doing so.
Thank you

Reactions: ResHacker
Seems like it would be easier to sell it in the US and buy another when you get there, any reason not to do that? The home charger would be the least of the issues as they already accept a wide range of input voltage and frequency. Supercharging and the hassles with maps/cell not working would be enough to make me sell. Shipping won't be fast or cheap either.

Reactions: Rocky_H and Ciaopec
Thanks everyone for the prompt replies. Links are very helpful, i already messaged the Tesla guy in Czech rep and downloaded the Plug share app.
I will be going in Macedonia, on the south end of Europe for retirement next year and planning ahead.
Does any one has experience in connecting US home charger over in EU home garage?
Really love the car and i think it will serve me good over there so i still weigh in the pros and cons in doing so.
Thank you
If Macedonia, then I can maybe also mention evshop.eu which is situated in Pitesti, which is much closer for you. They also have some contacts to Tesla-experienced people as they did a battery swap on my MS 85D.
Seems like it would be easier to sell it in the US and buy another when you get there, any reason not to do that? The home charger would be the least of the issues as they already accept a wide range of input voltage and frequency. Supercharging and the hassles with maps/cell not working would be enough to make me sell. Shipping won't be fast or cheap either.
Sure it would. But in that case it is more then clear the owner has some reasons why not to sell it and buy another one - e.g. he treated the battery well, knows the vehicle, likes this particular one as it served him well and so on. Buying another old MS 85 becomes a challenge now because they're gettin old nowadays, so more and more potential problems can occur on them.

I fully respect his decision as it would be really hard to say goodbye to my MS for me too...

ResHacker, you nailed it. My car battery is holding up very well and so far much better then loaners i occasionally get form tesla. My fear is that i will get a car with similar issues and then the whole experience will be a nightmare. I love the car , i love how it handles how it holds the charge and everything else and its hard for me to get rid of it.
FB_IMG_1673356280980[1].jpg

ResHacker, you nailed it. My car battery is holding up very well and so far much better then loaners i occasionally get form tesla. My fear is that i will get a car with similar issues and then the whole experience will be a nightmare. I love the car , i love how it handles how it holds the charge and everything else and its hard for me to get rid of it.
Yes, agreed..If you think your car is in a good condition and you like it then with no doubt keeping it might be a better option then gettin rid of it and buying another one. There're for sure several caveats like no tech support in EU SCs, also probably loss of free supercharging and so on with which you have to count in that case...
As I also want to keep my baby as long as possible, I'm thinking what all to do to keep it alive like some professional anti-corrosion injection and so on. Really curious, how is it going to hold up with careful treatment :)

The biggest pain will be that your charge port is the proprietary North America one, which doesn't match the plugs on any of the public charging stations throughout Europe, which will be Type2 or CCS2. So maybe the most helpful modification you could get is if you can find a shop that will change your charge port and controller to the European ones so you can use public stations and Tesla Superchargers.