Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modifications to car made since delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And now the facelift bumper.

IMG_2397.JPG
Rick, did you have to modify access to the 12v battery for this new addition? Also, if you had someone else install and paint it how much did it cost?

The original battery access and frunk are the same but the frunk needed a Fiberglas edge liner to accommodate the rubber seal for the new hood I had to buy.

My cost was about $5,000 for what was not covered by my insurance. About a third of that was for the new hood and the rest for parts that were needed to accommodate the new bumper and custom work on the hood latch and frunk liner.

With the benefit of hind sight if I had known the costs and complications I wouldn't have done this and opted instead for the Kartsyle or Unplugged version.

The only consolation is that my car is certainly unique:)

Last edited:
Well done on the mods ... what is the thickness of your wheel spacers and are they hub centric? :cool:

5mm rear 18mm front, both hub and wheel centric.

Next up: Arachnid wheels, premium seats, and a front T lighted with Fibrance laser wire and an RGB remote controlled laser that will enable me to light it in any color I want.

If only I could get AP2. wk057? I take pride in my work but wk057 humbles me greatly.

5mm rear 18mm front, both hub and wheel centric.

Next up: Arachnid wheels, premium seats, and a front T lighted with Fibrance laser wire and an RGB remote controlled laser that will enable me to light it in any color I want.

If only I could get AP2. wk057? I take pride in my work but wk057 humbles me greatly.
Don't forget that wk057 said he would never do the AP mod again because it was overly expensive and took way too much time.

I've added photos and links in the original list of mods to threads with photos that also explained what I did. Some of these threads were started by other owners and were an inspiration to me, so I add a few posts to these threads as well.
When I saw your car "gutted" for sound dampening - my gut wrenched. I'm afraid to remove a little bit of door panel to install a Evanex Trunk light, and you gutted your baby!! Congrats on the final look - simply amazing.

Reactions: davidc18
I'm printing this thread for the diminished value claim I'm going to make against the woman who rear-ended me. Hopefully it will provide proof of the additional value I've added to the car.
Awww - you got that beauty smashed into? Did you get hurt, or just the shock of that toy being banged? You have lights, camera and action on the rear. Can it be fixed? or are you now in the market for a new MS and will start parting out the family friend?

Awww - you got that beauty smashed into? Did you get hurt, or just the shock of that toy being banged? You have lights, camera and action on the rear. Can it be fixed? or are you now in the market for a new MS and will start parting out the family friend?

Here's the thread about the accident. No injuries. All of it will be fixed by the end of the month with no problems. I will not sell this car come hell or high water:) But I do have a Model III on order.