Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Modifications to car made since delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone please provide me link a thread on how to open up the headlamp assembly? I really want to paint my housings black. Would be much appreciated!!!!

I'm nut sure there's a thread on that but I
know that it's a risky proposition, especially if you haven't done it before. You have to bake them in an oven to melt the glue so you can take them apart. The risk is leaving them in the oven too long and melting the plastic. I had mine done by Evan Patak.

I'm nut sure there's a thread on that but I know that it's a risky proposition, especially if you haven't done it before. You have to bake them in an oven to melt the glue so you can take them apart. The risk is leaving them in the oven too long and melting the plastic. I had mine done by Evan Patak.

I havnt done the Tesla (yet), butI I have baked my Land Rover headlights at least 5 times with no issue. 20 min at 200'f and it peels open. If not, put it and and let it back a few minutes longer and try again. Get a IR thermometer to monitor if you like. Worst case - You can only screw up one since the oven is too small to fit both. ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: davidc18
The Model S I modified (it was 7 years old) was sold to a man in California, He had the car trucked to him. I was very sad to see it go, but I now have a performance Model 3. Didn’t need two cars for sure. But now I’ve ordered a a plaid+ Model S and will sell the 3 when it’s delivered in the fall. Like my old S the 3 has been heavily modified with some custom touches that are unique. I’ve already planned the mods to the Plaid+ and in anticipation of delivery in the fall have been acquiring those that are available. Of course, some I’ll make myself, as they are not available in the aftermarket world.

The Model S I modified (it was 7 years old) was sold to a man in California, He had the car trucked to him. I was very sad to see it go, but I now have a performance Model 3. Didn’t need two cars for sure. But now I’ve ordered a a plaid+ Model S and will sell the 3 when it’s delivered in the fall. Like my old S the 3 has been heavily modified with some custom touches that are unique. I’ve already planned the mods to the Plaid+ and in anticipation of delivery in the fall have been acquiring those that are available. Of course, some I’ll make myself, as they are not available in the aftermarket world.
I hope that you retained your personalized plate... BYE ICE!

Actually I have a new one: TAX CO2.

E6F535CE-84E1-4B57-A248-45F6674DB572.jpeg

What size battery, cost and where did you get it from?
I got it from the Tesla Service Center. Initially I was told, they don't offer new batteries, just swap for other used battery in case of a defect. Finally they agreed to deliver a new battery. I would have loved to upgrade to a 100 or at least 90, but that was refused, so I got a 85 (as in the car originally).

Total cost was EURO 24,584.84, including everything.

Finally I got the CCS adapter, so I could use the newer Tesla Superchargers in Europe which only have a CCS plug, for EURO 299. This was important because this Model S still has the lifetime free supercharging; it would be a problem if I could was restricted to the old superchargers.

To correct my last post: The model S was delivered in 2014 (not 2013). It has the electric folding mirrors.

Attachments

• 210107 ER Tesla MS neue Hochvoltbatterie.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 112
Reactions: SilverGS