Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y (LR) tax incentive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that a guarantee? Cause right now, nothing seems to be certain. It appears to just be a wait and see what the IRS/gov't does come March.
what i've read from researching is that based on the inflation reduction act, tesla is at least eligible for 3750 starting jan 1. this is why they originally offered 3750 discount in dec because people were cancelling or holding off on purchasing until jan. then when the guidance got pushed back to mar other 3750 now became eligible so they increased the discount to 7500. so when the guidance gets released in mar, we would lose the extra 3750.

"Treasury and the IRS plan to issue a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking in March 2023 that will trigger the applicability of those requirements."

You'd have to dig around, but I doubt it.

Under the pre-August 2022 rules, Tesla got disqualified because it hit the sales cap.
Yup, it appears that way. After hearing all this talk of tax incentives, I was just wondering if I somehow would get this. Of course, I ordered in 2021 not caring whether it had any incentives. I started filling out Form 8936 and it became obvious that I would get zilch. Oh well.

Yup, it appears that way. After hearing all this talk of tax incentives, I was just wondering if I somehow would get this. Of course, I ordered in 2021 not caring whether it had any incentives. I started filling out Form 8936 and it became obvious that I would get zilch. Oh well.
there are income limits imposed on the CA CVRP and the max reimbursement is 4500.
there were periods during which the program ran out of funding; IIRC purchases after June or July 2022 were ineligible due to that
in CA we also received a PoS credit from the State of CA for $750

there are income limits imposed on the CA CVRP and the max reimbursement is 4500.
there were periods during which the program ran out of funding; IIRC purchases after June or July 2022 were ineligible due to that
in CA we also received a PoS credit from the State of CA for $750
Some counties still have EV incentive rebates though, which could be good for those that live in those counties that are eligible. I believe there are central and south California counties that still have $3000 and $4000 rebate checks for eligible buyers? I don't know the requirements for these, but I did read there was still some funding available. I know when I bought my Model 3, I was able to get $5000 in rebates from California state (no longer being funded) and my county. Sadly, seems most of this has, or will be, ending soon.

Here is a link: Drive Clean link

Reactions: thetuk
what i've read from researching is that based on the inflation reduction act, tesla is at least eligible for 3750 starting jan 1. this is why they originally offered 3750 discount in dec because people were cancelling or holding off on purchasing until jan. then when the guidance got pushed back to mar other 3750 now became eligible so they increased the discount to 7500. so when the guidance gets released in mar, we would lose the extra 3750.

"Treasury and the IRS plan to issue a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking in March 2023 that will trigger the applicability of those requirements."

Thanks for this info. That is good enough for me to keep my order! I thought is was going to be an all or nothing deal. And now that I am seeing the Model Y price already starting to go back up, I get the feeling that my locked in price of $54,000 is going to look mighty good in a month!

My guess is, is that the standard range Model Y will be the only version that remains under $60k, once that vehicle enters full production in the next couple months. I'm likely saving around $10k by buying my long range version now (which should be a 2023 model with the new 5mp cameras) by the time I get mine in April/May.

Thanks for this info. That is good enough for me to keep my order! I thought is was going to be an all or nothing deal. And now that I am seeing the Model Y price already starting to go back up, I get the feeling that my locked in price of $54,000 is going to look mighty good in a month!

My guess is, is that the standard range Model Y will be the only version that remains under $60k, once that vehicle enters full production in the next couple months. I'm likely saving around $10k by buying my long range version now (which should be a 2023 model with the new 5mp cameras) by the time I get mine in April/May.
yeah at least half but who know...guidance might get pushed back further and maybe get full 7500.