Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Car Mat Suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just closing the loop: I received the mats from Tesmanian yesterday and am completely satisfied. They look good, fit really well, and feel high quality. My wife and kids noticed them right away and all liked them and my dog gave her seal of approval for the trunk mat I got for her (which I really like because it has the crease that makes accessing the sub storage that I use all the time easy).
Question about the trunk mat. If I am folding down the rear seats, and need to slide a long item in from the hatch all the way up to the back of the front seats, like my 88-note digital piano in a gig bag, or a long Ikea box, for example, will that lip on the mat make this difficult?

So you don't own Tesmanian but when someone who actually owns one says the V2 is a perfect fit, you suggest you know better because of a video that is not even of the latest V2 version of the Tesmanian mats.

The V2 Tesmanian has no gaps, plus cleverly uses Velcro on the front mats to keep them securely in place. I have no experience with your brand, so I don''t have the illusion I can speak for or against it.

You use the superlative phrases 'in another league', 'worth it' and 'material feels superior' without providing concrete justification for any of those statements. Yes I understand you are happy with your choice to spend more money, but if you are going to emphatically state one brand is superior to another, it would be helpful to other folks considering a purchase to cite actual, measurable, verifiable differences. Especially given the significant price difference.
My experience with the 3D Maxpider mats in a 2013 Volvo C30 Polestar, 2015 VW Touareg TDI, 2020 Ford F-150 Raptor, and 2022 Toyota Highlander has been very positive. Weathertechs are slippery to the point of being dangerous, and they started making them much thinner around 2014. What I like about the 3D Kagu mats is that the rubberized top coating is very resistant to wear but also not slippery. After 3 years in the manual transmission Volvo there was no wear, we wore through the stock mat in 6 months under the clutch and gas pedals. You mention Velcro pieces on the back of the V2 Tesmanian mats, the entire bottom of the 3D mats are a Velcro type surface that grabs the carpet. I have also preferred the higher sides and increased dead pedal coverage on the 3D. 3D’s pricing does seem to have gotten absurd, I was paying $175-$200 for a full set on previous vehicles, less than Weathertech or Husky. I would rather pay a little more than have them cheapen up the product like Weathertech has.

I don’t have any experience with the currently available products for the Tesla since I haven’t purchased yet.

Reactions: carpendj
My experience with the 3D Maxpider mats in a 2013 Volvo C30 Polestar, 2015 VW Touareg TDI, 2020 Ford F-150 Raptor, and 2022 Toyota Highlander has been very positive. Weathertechs are slippery to the point of being dangerous, and they started making them much thinner around 2014. What I like about the 3D Kagu mats is that the rubberized top coating is very resistant to wear but also not slippery. After 3 years in the manual transmission Volvo there was no wear, we wore through the stock mat in 6 months under the clutch and gas pedals. You mention Velcro pieces on the back of the V2 Tesmanian mats, the entire bottom of the 3D mats are a Velcro type surface that grabs the carpet. I have also preferred the higher sides and increased dead pedal coverage on the 3D. 3D’s pricing does seem to have gotten absurd, I was paying $175-$200 for a full set on previous vehicles, less than Weathertech or Husky. I would rather pay a little more than have them cheapen up the product like Weathertech has.

I don’t have any experience with the currently available products for the Tesla since I haven’t purchased yet.
3D are very good, one of the best, Tuxmats are even better due to increased coverage

3D are very good, one of the best, Tuxmats are even better due to increased coverage

Looks like a bunch of coverage, but the material/construction looks like an odd choice for a vehicle floor mat. It looks like it’s a rigidized rubberized fabric that isn’t going to have the edge rigidity to stay in place.

IMG_6213.jpeg

Question about the trunk mat. If I am folding down the rear seats, and need to slide a long item in from the hatch all the way up to the back of the front seats, like my 88-note digital piano in a gig bag, or a long Ikea box, for example, will that lip on the mat make this difficult?
No problems at all with long keyboards. It is not difficult to "walk" the top end over the lip, since it's not that high. For my gear, I only need to lower the driver-side rear seat. I have an 88-key hammer action that lays flat and a 73-key that stands up on the back edge. The passenger-side seatback stays up. I took the velcro strips off the bottom of the trunk mat because it made it easier to get into the sub-trunk and pull the mat out to shake off debris. Still, the mat pretty much stays in place because of the fit and the passenger-side seatback. Also, I highly recommend the Tesmanian seatback protectors. They only offered the two-piece set when I ordered them back in 2022, but there is now a 3-piece set available.

Reactions: posity
No problems at all with long keyboards. It is not difficult to "walk" the top end over the lip, since it's not that high. For my gear, I only need to lower the driver-side rear seat. I have an 88-key hammer action that lays flat and a 73-key that stands up on the back edge. The passenger-side seatback stays up. I took the velcro strips off the bottom of the trunk mat because it made it easier to get into the sub-trunk and pull the mat out to shake off debris. Still, the mat pretty much stays in place because of the fit and the passenger-side seatback. Also, I highly recommend the Tesmanian seatback protectors. They only offered the two-piece set when I ordered them back in 2022, but there is now a 3-piece set available.
Did you get the version one or version two of the seatback protectors? I want it to match the cargo mat. But I can’t tell which one will match correctly. Their website makes an attempt to explain the difference between version one and version two, but it’s completely meaningless!

Did you get the version one or version two of the seatback protectors? I want it to match the cargo mat. But I can’t tell which one will match correctly. Their website makes an attempt to explain the difference between version one and version two, but it’s completely meaningless!
I wasn't aware of the availability of a "version two". I purchased the MY mats in early 2022 and the M3 mats in July of 2023.

Just send an email to Tesmanian. They typically respond within a day and are very friendly.

If you're frequently loading larger/heavier items in the cargo area, make sure to add PPF to the bumper.
Agree, I did it
Btw, unless having special skills, I hate and not good at installing PPF
But it’s a must have

Just closing the loop: I received the mats from Tesmanian yesterday and am completely satisfied. They look good, fit really well, and feel high quality. My wife and kids noticed them right away and all liked them and my dog gave her seal of approval for the trunk mat I got for her (which I really like because it has the crease that makes accessing the sub storage that I use all the time easy).

Yes, I have them. Not sure of all the fuss in this thread as they are not a bad price and do the job. My only issue is we need some higher padding on the right side of the accelerator pedal (like the Tuxmat) to prevent shoe scuffing.

I suggest getting a center armrest cover too for like $10 on Amazon to stop elbow scuffing.

Last edited:
Yes, I have them. Not sure of all the fuss in this thread as they are not a bad price and do the job. My only issue is we need some higher padding on the right side of the accelerator pedal (like the Tuxmat) to prevent shoe scuffing.

I suggest getting a center armrest cover too for like $10 on Amazon to stop elbow scuffing.
I found Tux later and after I purchased the 3Ds which are great, but yes need center console coverage
I added Lasfit center console protection
summary, cheap Lasfit all around, lux Tuxmats, or 3D plus Lasfit center console protection

Reactions: petercc9