Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Car Mat Suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's lots of threads already about this topic with lots of solid first-hand information. One of which is very recent and may even be on this first or 2nd page even. I highly suggest you do some searching/reading as you'll likely learn a lot more than this thread will generate and also help to avoid fragmenting the conversation across several threads.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tricia Higgins
How do you like the v2? It's tough to tell exactly what differences are. Is the fit nice? Also, do they stay in place (i.e. no sliding around)?
Perfect fit front and back mats. The front mats also include velcro to keep the mats locked in place: good idea. The V2 have shallower grooves, I think? They are not a hard plastic but semi-pliable so they look great, work great. Only negative is that the cargo mat does move around, but that is also a positive when you need to get to the under-floor storage. I had the Tesla brand mats in our X: they were stiffer and more of a nuisance to raise the cargo mat but these V2 Tesmanian for the Y are pretty close to perfect IMHO, especially given the very reasonable pricing.

I have seen a lot of people recommend Tesmanian but after seeing them, I just do not get it. The 3D Maxpiders are in another league. I feel the same way about Weathertech. Those guys advertise a lot and some people swear by them. But for me they are overpriced and nowhere near as good as the Maxpider brand. I am onto my 5th set of Maxpiders. Had some in a previous car (2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE) and now have them in our four cars (Mazda MX5, Mazda CX5, Fiat 500X and the Tesla Model Y). Expensive but worth it. Hope this helps.

Reactions: JerryDuke
I have seen a lot of people recommend Tesmanian but after seeing them, I just do not get it. The 3D Maxpiders are in another league.
OK, I'll bite. 'In another league' in what respect? Since the V2 Tesmanians fit perfectly on a Y, stay in place, are easy to clean, and I expect they will hold up well, what other criteria exist to make your Maxpider mats 'in another league'? What feature have I not considered to make paying considerably more 'worth it'?

Last edited:
OK, I'll bite. 'In another league' in what respect? Since the V2 Tesmanians fit perfectly on a Y, stay in place, are easy to clean, and I expect they will hold up well, what other criteria exist to make your Maxpider mats 'in another league'? What feature have I not considered to make paying considerably more 'worth it'?
The material does not look great but most importantly, they just do not fit as good as the MaxPider. Just take a look at the Tesmanian video as an example and see the fitment. Can you see the gaps because I can? Can you see that gap in the right rear? Now go compare them to a 3D Maxpider fitment. This is just one man's opinion. Not expecting everyone to agree with me. The material feels superior on the MaxPiders too. If you ever get to hold both brands in your hands, you will feel the difference.

Tesmanian :

3D MaxPider :

Last edited:
So you don't own Tesmanian but when someone who actually owns one says the V2 is a perfect fit, you suggest you know better because of a video that is not even of the latest V2 version of the Tesmanian mats.

The V2 Tesmanian has no gaps, plus cleverly uses Velcro on the front mats to keep them securely in place. I have no experience with your brand, so I don''t have the illusion I can speak for or against it.

You use the superlative phrases 'in another league', 'worth it' and 'material feels superior' without providing concrete justification for any of those statements. Yes I understand you are happy with your choice to spend more money, but if you are going to emphatically state one brand is superior to another, it would be helpful to other folks considering a purchase to cite actual, measurable, verifiable differences. Especially given the significant price difference.

Last edited:
I have seen a lot of people recommend Tesmanian but after seeing them, I just do not get it. The 3D Maxpiders are in another league. I feel the same way about Weathertech. Those guys advertise a lot and some people swear by them. But for me they are overpriced and nowhere near as good as the Maxpider brand. I am onto my 5th set of Maxpiders. Had some in a previous car (2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE) and now have them in our four cars (Mazda MX5, Mazda CX5, Fiat 500X and the Tesla Model Y). Expensive but worth it. Hope this helps.

We have the 3D and Weathertech mats in our 3 and Y. I wouldn't call any of these amazing. They're both okay floor mats and have their own pros and cons.

So you don't own Tesmanian but when someone who actually owns one says the V2 is a perfect fit, you suggest you know better because of a video that is not even of the latest V2 version of the Tesmanian mats.

The V2 Tesmanian has no gaps, plus cleverly uses Velcro on the front mats to keep them securely in place. I have no experience with your brand, so I don''t have the illusion I can speak for or against it.

You use the superlative phrases 'in another league', 'worth it' and 'material feels superior' without providing concrete justification for any of those statements. Yes I understand you are happy with your choice to spend more money, but if you are going to emphatically state one brand is superior to another, it would be helpful to other folks considering a purchase to cite actual, measurable, verifiable differences. Especially given the significant price difference.
Triggered…….over car mats. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Disagree
Reactions: jkdman123
Hello,

I am looking for suggestions for affordable winter car mats that are compatible with my Tesla MYLR. If anyone has any resources they would like to recommend, drop it in the comments!

Cheers,
Tricia

Absolutely, I get the importance of finding quality winter car mats without breaking the bank. For your Tesla Model Y Long Range, I'd suggest checking out TESERY's Tesla Model Y all-weather floor mats.

These mats are not only affordable but also designed to withstand winter conditions. They're made with high-quality materials, ensuring durability and protection against snow, mud, and spills. TESERY is well-regarded for producing accessories tailored to Tesla vehicles, so you can trust that these mats are designed with your Model Y in mind.

Just closing the loop: I received the mats from Tesmanian yesterday and am completely satisfied. They look good, fit really well, and feel high quality. My wife and kids noticed them right away and all liked them and my dog gave her seal of approval for the trunk mat I got for her (which I really like because it has the crease that makes accessing the sub storage that I use all the time easy).