Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 2nd Row Leg Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is one of my concerns as well...especially the width and being able to fit 3 adults or 3 booster seats across the 2nd row. This would be a deal breaker in making this our family (of 4) car.

Last year, when Musk first started talking about the Model Y, he compared the size to a grand Cherokee. Which is what we currently use as a family vehicle and what I would like to replace in a few years with a Model Y. If it isn't as comfortable as the Grand Cherokee then unfortunately I will have to look elsewhere for a replacement and may have to give up on getting an EV...at least for now.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.
We need more EV drivers in Syracuse! Hope the Y will work for you!

Tesla Model Y Interior Pictures and Info

Saw that link in another thread. It looks like the front seats are very far back and the camera has some distortion. The seat risers at least look like they’ll give space for the passenger’s shoes to go under the seat in front (a complaint I had about the 3’s back seat). Hopefully the extra seat height makes it more comfortable in the back...
Just took a look at these pics... I have a question about the center seat. Does it appear to have an integrated fold down booster seat for kids or is that wishful thinking on my part? Could it be fold-down cup holders? If it's the former, that's a huge plus for me. I've seen the integrated child booster seats done on the Volvo XC90.

Just took a look at these pics... I have a question about the center seat. Does it appear to have an integrated fold down booster seat for kids or is that wishful thinking on my part? Could it be fold-down cup holders? If it's the former, that's a huge plus for me. I've seen the integrated child booster seats done on the Volvo XC90.

never heard of that before. Would be great if it did.

Its likely a fold down arm rest with cup holder like the Model 3 has.