Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tax Incentive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model X in July of 2022. It finally came in and it is available for delivery in the next week. There has been so many changes with the tax rebate on EVs that I'm having a hard time finding out if this would qualify. Anyone know if an X ordered in July 2022 and delivered in Jan 2023 would be eligible for any federal incentives?

I ordered a Model X in July of 2022. It finally came in and it is available for delivery in the next week. There has been so many changes with the tax rebate on EVs that I'm having a hard time finding out if this would qualify. Anyone know if an X ordered in July 2022 and delivered in Jan 2023 would be eligible for any federal incentives?
It does not appear so per Tesla's own site. 3&Y Electric Vehicle & Solar Incentives | Tesla Support

QNybr55.jpg

No Model X qualifies for the tax credit. They're all over $80,000. But the price across the product line just dropped. You should check that out.

I understand they currently don’t, but I remember reading about how if a vehicle was ordered prior to the change in August, there may be a an incentive? It was an article talking about what constitutes a deposit, etc.
The prior tax credit had a cap of 200,000 per manufacturer, which Tesla reached in 2019. The new credit does not have any limits per manufacturer.

Reactions: Vrrooom

This is super simple. The Model X costs more than $80k, so no tax rebate. Done