Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stay strong, Mike! I know last year we both thought we'd have our X by this summer. Well, I thought I'd have MY X by this summer. But I promise when I get mine, I'll take a roadtrip to Colorado & I'll do it by way of Utah.

If I'm not mistaken, when Bonnie gets her X in Spring 2015, it'd be 6 years to the day that she placed a reservation on the S only to cancel it later in favor of the X for the sake of her dogs. Well, she has that beauty of a Roadster to see her through these dog days...

Had to share this. I was cruising the TM 'X' forum and a member over there posted the following today:

Here's what I got from Tesla 10 days ago after complaining that the website lacks detail re:Model X and is out of date.
"We will begin production and deliveries of the Model X at the end of this year. Closer to that time, we will make the vehicles available in our showrooms for our fans to see in person and will have specifications regarding options, configurations, pricing and other details such as the ones your requested. Later this year you will receive an email inviting you to sign into your MyTesla Account to begin configuring your Model X, at which time we will have pricing of Model X and its options, along with details such as the ones you requested made available."
OK. I'll wait. One cool thing though. Tesla will have a store in a new mall that is being built nearby. As I am retired and have nothing better to do while waiting for my MX, I think I'll just hang out there as a "fan" after they open in October and bug them until they kick me out. :))

So then they really are sticking with their comments originally about the first deliveries still being Q4? That is good news indeed :D

I think all the public sentiment is that they aren't going to get anything at all until Q4 2014 so that would make the first deliveries 2Quote sooner than expected!

Yes. Would be great. I found that post over on the TM forum in the 'X' discussion area. So, since this is not an answer to a direct question of mine from TM I would suggest some caution.....but I would not be surprised if it is true.

Yes. Would be great. I found that post over on the TM forum in the 'X' discussion area. So, since this is not an answer to a direct question of mine from TM I would suggest some caution.....but I would not be surprised if it is true.

I mean they had never really said either way from what I had seen previously. Their direction toward Q2 had always been "Volume production"... not launch. It left it open for them to have a little more leeway on the launch schedule since all they had to do was to get "Volume production" rolling by Q2 and they wouldn't miss their promise.

- - - Updated - - -

But, this is a good sign that maybe they aren't going to miss their previous mark of "launch by the end of the year", which makes me happy :)

So then they really are sticking with their comments originally about the first deliveries still being Q4? That is good news indeed :D

I think all the public sentiment is that they aren't going to get anything at all until Q4 2014 so that would make the first deliveries 2Quote sooner than expected!

I think there is some confusion over the text/wording/updates. You'll note that the update no longer reads "volume" production.

The June 16 Model X email update now states:

The first Model X cars for you, our reservation holders, will be produced starting in early 2015.
(bolding added by me!)

I would think early = Spring 2015. So my new ETA gauge is set for May 6, 2015. Happy Birthday to me! :)

I think there is some confusion over the text/wording/updates. You'll note that the update no longer reads "volume" production.

The June 16 Model X email update now states:

(bolding added by me!)

I would think early = Spring 2015. So my new ETA gauge is set for May 6, 2015. Happy Birthday to me! :)

early 2015 COULD be January 1st... doesn't get much earlier than that! :p

My prediction? Launch is Q4, with Founders' cars being delivered before EOY. Those cars only go to the people with a vested interest in Tesla and very close, very loyal to Tesla. Elon, board members, major investors. The people who are not going to go to the press and spout off about problems on early production vehicles. Then, as always, there will be a few months lag as Tesla sees what real world issues there may be on those vehicles and they make corrections to the production line. Molds are fine-tuned, part specs are updated. Then the Signature vehicles will be produced and delivered.

End of Q1 is what I'm planning on for Signature #2.

My prediction? Launch is Q4, with Founders' cars being delivered before EOY. Those cars only go to the people with a vested interest in Tesla and very close, very loyal to Tesla. Elon, board members, major investors. The people who are not going to go to the press and spout off about problems on early production vehicles. Then, as always, there will be a few months lag as Tesla sees what real world issues there may be on those vehicles and they make corrections to the production line. Molds are fine-tuned, part specs are updated. Then the Signature vehicles will be produced and delivered.

Sounds reasonable and makes sense. I'm curious when Tesla will start giving test-rides (ie, customer in passenger seat)?

.......board members, majors investors, and royalty.:wink:

Princess Bonnie, do we have any idea of how many Model X vehicles they will be able to build per week when they first start production.