Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Paul, my PCH Hwy road tripping brother. I think we may flatline a little through the rest of summer - trading volume dropping like the stock market, followed by a large ramp up in the fall, followed by a dramatic uptick on the reveal when people realize they are looking at a vehicle that they can put a deposit down on to purchase in 2016.

Thanks for for keeping this tally going.

Cheers to all of N. America.

Stats as of July 2014
  • 18.6k Global Total (18,600)
  • 1,211 in the past month (7% increase)
  • 39 per day (21% decrease)
  • Average to Date of 627 per month (2% increase)
  • Average to Date of 20.6 per day (3.3% increase)
  • Trend line is still showing we could expect over 1,550 reservations in August

View attachment 55380

Thanks for your contribution to this thread, Paul.

That's a great graph, and those lines are heading to the right upward direction.

My guess would be that the cumulative total will reach a total of at least 40,000 before they start producing the Tesla Model X for customers in Q2 2015.

Interesting, here's the Model S graph from 3 weeks after the Founders series was delivered:
Here is the graph of the data I keep. The red line is worldwide reservations, the blue is US.

Screen Shot 2012-07-10 at 10.38.27 AM.png

The appetite for the X is much higher and we're still ~9-10 months away from launch!

Thanks Paul, my PCH Hwy road tripping brother. I think we may flatline a little through the rest of summer - trading volume dropping like the stock market, followed by a large ramp up in the fall, followed by a dramatic uptick on the reveal when people realize they are looking at a vehicle that they can put a deposit down on to purchase in 2016.

Thanks for for keeping this tally going.

Cheers to all of N. America.

Thanks for your contribution to this thread, Paul.

That's a great graph, and those lines are heading to the right upward direction.

My guess would be that the cumulative total will reach a total of at least 40,000 before they start producing the Tesla Model X for customers in Q2 2015.

Interesting, here's the Model S graph from 3 weeks after the Founders series was delivered:

The appetite for the X is much higher and we're still ~9-10 months away from launch!

Thanks all its my pleasure. I think we will see the continued trend with a slight acceleration. That roughly translates to 36-40k by April 2015.

As Nigel said the appetite is much higher. People seem to love their SUVs and having an electric one made by Tesla Motors with a HUGE 'wow' factor makes me think these will sell like hot cakes. That 'wow' factor is pretty amazing considering what we know from the reveal. Shortly I expect we'll start using a capital WOW after we see what Elon has up his sleeve to make it better.

Also, once a major review is done of an early signature/production model, it'll simply go off the charts and will likely swoop up all the rewards and accolades making it even more of a success. Perhaps we'll see Tesla decide to produce 3/5 of capacity or more as soon as they can ramp to that level to meet this demand.

USA Resv. # 12,007 here.

Forgive me if this was discussed/asked before. But I am curious what percent people think the dropout, or non purchase % will be, or was for the Model S (I would think it would be less with the X due to Tesla's longer track record now.)

USA Resv. # 12,007 here.

Forgive me if this was discussed/asked before. But I am curious what percent people think the dropout, or non purchase % will be, or was for the Model S (I would think it would be less with the X due to Tesla's longer track record now.)
Congrats, so excited for you. I think a few ppl have posted the dropout rate, I'll let them chime in on that. Was really great to meet you and Gary. Say Hi for me!

USA Resv. # 12,007 here.

Congrats! On the dropout rate I'd expect it to be less than the S but the delayed timetable may have caused a few folks to give up waiting (or not to join the list yet). I had to go out and buy a new truck this week (for towing a horse trailer) because I couldn't wait another year for the X; although I have kept my X reservation.

Congrats! On the dropout rate I'd expect it to be less than the S but the delayed timetable may have caused a few folks to give up waiting (or not to join the list yet). I had to go out and buy a new truck this week (for towing a horse trailer) because I couldn't wait another year for the X; although I have kept my X reservation.

SAy it ain't so! Now I am sure the towing capacity of the X will be north of 8,000lbs.

It would appear that reservations are still hitting about 30 per day. Not bad for a car no one can test drive yet. :)

What is Tesla telling you guys about when you might actually get to drive your new Model X ?

My doctor told me it will be a big baybe, with a lot of enery.
Impossible to have inside the house. I am a little conserned what my friends say when I put my baby in the garage, I think it is better than outside.
My wife would get upseth if I move out the first nights so my baby can settle.
Think the solution is to mount a babycall with camera or survilance as someone call it.
Then I can keep my whife with company and watch if my baby is all right. ;-)