Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X seat belt extenders for 6-seaters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

We have a little guy that’s moving onto a booster seat and we have been having a difficult time buckling him in. The seats are narrow and the buckle is a little angled that makes it difficult for him (or even us as adults) to get him in.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which buckle extenders work? Does the buckle extender by itself work best or better with short strap?

Links and recommendations appreciated. Thank you.
James

For my 6-seater - I tried out ones that looked like this https://a.co/d/bu6hnks (the one I bought got delisted right after buying them) and the problem with them is that they have a slight angle inwards due to how the captain chair seat buckle is angled. They sit right against the car seat and make it harder to buckle in than without them. They work ok on the Model 3 though.

I haven’t tried ones with a short 3” strap. They probably wouldn’t work with my booster seats.

Last edited:
I had similar difficulties in my Model 3.
I bought seat belt extenders. There are two types. A stiff extender that stands up firm in position and one that's soft and flops over. I got the stiff version.
"Tesla Model 3 Seat Belt Extender
(Year: 2022, Seat in the vehicle the Extender is for: 2nd Row Window, Extender Variations (Every option may not apply to your vehicle*): Rigid 3" black, Where did you purchase your vehicle? United States)"

Hi,

We have a little guy that’s moving onto a booster seat and we have been having a difficult time buckling him in. The seats are narrow and the buckle is a little angled that makes it difficult for him (or even us as adults) to get him in.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which buckle extenders work? Does the buckle extender by itself work best or better with short strap?

Links and recommendations appreciated. Thank you.
James

For what’s it’s worth, NHTSA, car seat safety experts, and car seat and vehicle manufacturers generally warn against seat belt extenders: