Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First, I haven't seen that email.

Second, I worry that true user evangelism will become suspect once there's the possibility of pay for referral. I feel it dilutes legitimate recommendations and adds an asterisk to them.

I agree. True believers need NO incentive. This will be fuel for the bears about demand. I hope this is in place for a short period of time while the X ramps at end of Q3 into Q4.

Why the Geesh?

Why not just an answer?

The image is good. Not proof of facts over Model 3 CUV clay models at all of course but good for illustrating the then-plan.

You say the "then" plan like this was a slide they showed once years ago and never talked about again. This has been shown more than once and as recently as a few months ago (except now the slide says Tesla Model 3 Sedan and Crossover). Whether they have clay models of a Gen III CUV I actually kind of doubt, but that they are planning on making one is in no doubt.

You say the "then" plan like this was a slide they showed once years ago and never talked about again. This has been shown more than once and as recently as a few months ago (except now the slide says Tesla Model 3 Sedan and Crossover). Whether they have clay models of a Gen III CUV I actually kind of doubt, but that they are planning on making one is in no doubt.

Well, no I don't. I say then-plan in the literal sense, it was a good image and if there are others I am happy to see them. It was a perfectly innocent question on my part that per usual TMC style turned into suspicious questioning. :)

Now, it is true I questioned whether or not there was a Model 3 CUV clay model seen in the posts above. That indeed I questioned.

I am not against the assumption that Tesla is doing a CUV of Model 3 at all. Though, which is it - do we believe Tesla will do the CUV or are just planning it? That one eludes me.

First, I haven't seen that email.

Second, I worry that true user evangelism will become suspect once there's the possibility of pay for referral. I feel it dilutes legitimate recommendations and adds an asterisk to them.

I haven't either, but would love to--I know someone who's on the edge, and this might help push her over.

Also, I guess this may be the "something on the demand side" that Elon talked about earlier this year?

If a tree falls in the forest and there's no-one there to hear it, does it make a sound?

I thought you of all people would have preferred separating speculation and facts. :)

Oh well. I do believe CUV Model 3 is very plausible. All I asked is sources on that (which I am content with) and the further claims of clay models of Model 3 CUV (which I am not content with).

Wrong questions on TMC apparently, sorry. ;)

Thank you. Acknowledged. Not to question anyone but to just add to sources: Recent new presentations with it?

Also, do you believe the Model 3 CUV clay model claims as fact?

This presentation that JB gave in May would be the most recent with this slide:

Model 3.png

Around the 26 minute mark:

Last edited by a moderator: