Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^Where is that from?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but not which model. And if you look at the screen it shows the falcon wing door cut outs.
Dont really wanna think its the X cuz the lack of change and goodies in the cabin.

Youtube video has that bad resolution, that I really can't say anything about screen's doors.

Also later in the video the driver says "it really has almost too much power for sedan".

Sorry if this is a repeat, but this was posted over on the Investor's thread by EV-enthusiast...

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=82334&d=1432794768

That's just the prototype/mockup on display at the Tesla Design Studio in Hawthorne, CA. Here's an almost identical photo, but with Steve Wozniak instead (he posted this pic as part of an April Fools prank back in 2014).

Bl8MS5CIcAAbAIn.jpg

This post was published in the Model 3 thread but this Model X was spotted recently by "Jersey Girl".

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...ove-by-today?p=1022110&viewfull=1#post1022110

In this photo, you can clearly see that it has old Performance-style seats in the front row. That further supports the idea that the interiors of these mules are not the same as what the production models will have, since they aren't making these seats for Model S anymore.

Earlier this month, Tim Urban (who writes the Wait But Why blog), mentioned going on a factory tour when he interviewed Elon for his blog. The article was published this month. The whole process started with a phone call "last month".

During the tour, he was able to go to the design center where people were working on the full-size clay model.

So it's safe to say he was looking at a clay model in the last few weeks. I have a hard time believing they've progressed from a clay model to actual, rolling prototypes in a few weeks.

See: Elon Musk: The Worlds Raddest Man | Wait But Why

Search for "clay" (about 1/3 down)

Perhaps this is a hint at what a production X will look like? Great angle, whatever the case.

One thing I couldn't help but notice; observe the way the bus stop protrudes from the rear of the car. My tired eyes initially thought it was a rear spoiler. Kinda reminds me of a WRX from the future :tongue:

Earlier this month, Tim Urban (who writes the Wait But Why blog), mentioned going on a factory tour when he interviewed Elon for his blog. The article was published this month. The whole process started with a phone call "last month".

During the tour, he was able to go to the design center where people were working on the full-size clay model.

So it's safe to say he was looking at a clay model in the last few weeks. I have a hard time believing they've progressed from a clay model to actual, rolling prototypes in a few weeks.

See: Elon Musk: The Worlds Raddest Man | Wait But Why

Search for "clay" (about 1/3 down)

Exactly. I wish this was a 3, then I could pay ~$35k for a car virtually indistinguishable from it's $80-100k older brother. :wink:

Sorry to DP - I couldn't see an edit function. Have just had a second look at the photo, and it's hard to imagine 3 rows of seats inside of that thing. The second row would be positioned halfway back of the second window to allow space for rear passengers to squeeze through. If you follow the height line of the front row of seating backwards and allow enough spacing then the third row seating headrests would be touching the roof of the rear hatch :confused:

Then again surely it's too soon for 3 mules... are we sure this is a Tesla? The plot thickens... :rolleyes: