Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My friend saw a new blue model driving around los altos. You can see the new spoiler in action
I am beginning to think that might be Steve Jurvetson's car. It seems to be the same one that has been frequently spotted on the SF peninsula recently. He would of course be likely to get one of the very first Founder's X cars off the line.

I am beginning to think that might be Steve Jurvetson's car. It seems to be the same one that has been frequently spotted on the SF peninsula recently. He would of course be likely to get one of the very first Founder's X cars off the line.

Nah, it has manufacturer's plates. It's a test car. Steve will likely get his car at the 9/29 event.

qdB7x1z.jpg

Just another blue one.

Not my sighting, stole it from reddit.

Last edited:

I was wondering the same. Figure it's well under a 50% likelihood, but above 0%. :D And could see him willingly letting his car be used as a late tester. That said, Tesla must need at least a few completed demo cars, and seems most likely this is one of them. Let's just hope they don't crash the beauty into a wall. :crying:

The wheels are so..... large. 22" I assume? Now I'm wondering if the mule shots are on 19" instead of 20". Hard to believe there is only 2" difference between these two:

Did they troll everyone by simply putting smaller rims on the mules to mask the real look?
I don't think so. These look identical to the two wheel styles shown in the Design Studio and identified as 20" and 22" wheels. I can't imagine they would make a special run of smaller wheels just to mask the look.

There is a third style (the six spoke wheels) which aren't currently available but have been seen on many of the earlier prototypes. Those seem to me like they'll be the base model wheels and could be 19", but are likely 20" as well.

My friend saw a new blue model driving around los altos. You can see the new spoiler in action!
View attachment 92847View attachment 92848
Thanks for the photos. That spoiler looks to help the otherwise bland rump, though I like the Panamera turbo approach -- sort of expands its wingspan as it rises ... I think less complexity is a plus and the Panamera is impossible to keep clean ... always catching leaves and grit.
Compared to the toyota landcruiser SUV for a known size reference, the Model X is the same dimensions as a Cayenne ... leaving Tesla with ample market to introduce Macan sized smaller model to follow the Model 3. I think Tesla has a good 5 year product cycle and three in-demand vehicle types.

Would of liked to have seen a bit more sophisticated surfacing along the nose cone, maybe a very subtle sweeping 'v' shaped character line to emphasise the chrome V at the the top of the nosecone.

I love love love the Model X but the nosecone is a tiny bit amateur hour.

View attachment 93174

Added inline for convenience. The blue certainly aids in the "shark" look.

I'm still interested in what's going on with that gap between the nosecone and the hood, which has been there since forever.
Looks great. Definitely close to final with those relatively tight gaps to the hood and above the lights. Looking forward to all being revealed!