Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Launch invites have gone out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the past, priority was given to reservation holders - they're the ones who need a test drive. In fact, I don't think non-reservation holders were invited to the Model S Get Amped events.
I'm curious how this will work once they have Model X at the different show rooms. I hope they have a week or two in the beginning blocked just for the reservation holders so we can drive it, take it home to the garage (*grin*) and make sure we get our questions answered before all the curious block all the spots... I'm happy for the Model X to create excitement and get more people interested in Tesla... but I really really want to have a chance to test drive one before I click the order button. And I'm sure the same is true for many people with smaller reservation numbers than me.

.. just for the reservation holders so we can drive it, take it home to the garage (*grin*) and make sure we get our questions answered before all the curious block all the spots...

...but I really really want to have a chance to test drive one before I click the order button. And I'm sure the same is true for many people with smaller reservation numbers than me.

Absolutely. I won't be ready to click until I can do the above (highlighting mine).

On the plus side, we've decided to build an extra detached garage with excellent clearance, so there are options. :smile:

I'm curious how this will work once they have Model X at the different show rooms. I hope they have a week or two in the beginning blocked just for the reservation holders so we can drive it, take it home to the garage (*grin*) and make sure we get our questions answered before all the curious block all the spots... I'm happy for the Model X to create excitement and get more people interested in Tesla... but I really really want to have a chance to test drive one before I click the order button. And I'm sure the same is true for many people with smaller reservation numbers than me.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. I've only been in the queue for 5 months but I definitely think those who put down their deposits months or years ago should get priority over those who just walk into the store.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely. I won't be ready to click until I can do the above (highlighting mine).

On the plus side, we've decided to build an extra detached garage with excellent clearance, so there are options. :smile:

Over the past year, I've worked on adding a 500+ square foot addition to my existing 600 square foot garage. Originally it was built for a possible XC90 T8 but it looks like it will probably house an X90D instead.

The new garage has 9'x8' doors and 9' ceilings so I won't have any problem fitting the X there. It could also fit in the 'wedge' created between the new and old garage as there's room for 4 cars total (2 with 9' ceilings and 2 with 8' ceilings). The other two bays in the old garage have widened doors now, so I think it would fit there as well. I just might not be able to open the falcon wing doors quite as high. All three garage doors have LiftMaster 8500 jackshaft openers so no overhead openers to worry about. :)

Got an invite but had to decline alas as I had a pre-scheduled trip to Italy leaving Monday. I did RSVP in the negative, so hopefully I paid it forward for some other eager soul to go.

I wish everyone well that goes; these things are a blast.

- - - Updated - - -

They certainly did that with the Model S. One could not even get a test drive for months if you did not have a pre-existing reservation. I am sure they will attempt to prioritize by sequence number.

I am still looking for a hotel with decent rate. Most hotel near fremont with good reviews are fully booked. I also contacted the factory and was able to schedule a factory tour on tuesday morning.
What number or address did you use to arrange the factory tour? I was hoping to get one too. Arriving from NY on Tuesday at SJC at about 11:10 AM. Was hoping for maybe a 1:00 or 2:00 tour.

-CB

Was hoping for maybe a 1:00 or 2:00 tour.
Hmmm... Tesla just called to let me know that factory tours are booked up for the next two months. So I guess I won't be doing that before the event. Then again, the guy who called me also said that the launch event would be at the main factory building, which is incorrect. It's 3 miles down the road. So he put me on hold to double-check and said, yeah, it's here at the factory. I think I'll go with the address on the actual event confirmation...

Communications much?

Hmmm... Tesla just called to let me know that factory tours are booked up for the next two months. So I guess I won't be doing that before the event. Then again, the guy who called me also said that the launch event would be at the main factory building, which is incorrect. It's 3 miles down the road. So he put me on hold to double-check and said, yeah, it's here at the factory. I think I'll go with the address on the actual event confirmation...

Communications much?

Maybe they're going to load guests up 6 at a time and shuttle them in Xs down to the other building! :wink:

I got my invitation yesterday. I have 2 kids and I live near Toronto Canada, so it took me 3 hours to make sure I could get someone to watch my kids and get flights. When I went to RSVP, the response was sorry the event is at capacity. Does anyone have 2 tickets and can't make it? Our flights are paid for, so we are going to go on this mini vacation. Is the event at the Fremont plant or somewhere else in Fremont? Any help would be great!

The guy who called me also said that the launch event would be at the main factory building, which is incorrect. It's 3 miles down the road. So he put me on hold to double-check and said, yeah, it's here at the factory. I think I'll go with the address on the actual event confirmation...

Communications much?

They always were going to do first customer shipments that day. Could he be confusing a mini-event earlier in the day to deliver the first cars to customers with the big song and dance number down the street that evening?

They always were going to do first customer shipments that day. Could he be confusing a mini-event earlier in the day to deliver the first cars to customers with the big song and dance number down the street that evening?
Possibly. But I assumed the founders' deliveries would be rolled into the launch party. All in one place. This will be my first Tesla event, though, so what do I know?

-CB

- - - Updated - - -

I am #511 and we really would appreciate a couple of tickets if you can't make it :biggrin:
The wording in my invitation definitely said that the tickets were *not* transferable. You'll need to find two confirmed attendees that each have a plus-one available. Sorry, but I'm bringing my brother!

Communications much?

The Page Ave. address is being used as overflow employee parking. I believe a shuttle runs regularly between the parking area and the factory. I wouldn't be surprised if the Page location is just a staging area for the event.

I got my invitation yesterday. I have 2 kids and I live near Toronto Canada, so it took me 3 hours to make sure I could get someone to watch my kids and get flights. When I went to RSVP, the response was sorry the event is at capacity. Does anyone have 2 tickets and can't make it? Our flights are paid for, so we are going to go on this mini vacation. Is the event at the Fremont plant or somewhere else in Fremont? Any help would be great!
See .... apparently folk like you & us were either too responsible, too stupid or 'less-strategic' turning on one's POV. Unlike many who simply hit RSVP 1st, & asked questions later - we - trying to be considerate of Tesla, we tried to assure we could really make it. Moral of the story - considerateness doesn't guarantee success all the time.
[emoji53]

Most online ticket purchases can be canceled within 24 hours of purchase ... check and see.