Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Founder Series - Facts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually had both Model X and Tesla X in 2012, and then decided to go with Model X and let the other one go. Now I know where the other one went!

Funny. It's currently on our Honda Civic as a placeholder. The X is replacing our Lexus hybrid which has grandfathered clean fuel tags. I have to figure out how to get "TESLAX" (no space, because it won't fit on the clean energy tags) onto the a grandfathered tag. I assume they kept some amount of old stock for plates that are damaged. You can't call the normal DMV because the special fuel tags are all handled in Richmond.

So it appears we can chose to get a credit instead of the powerwall from the referral contest. All my delays may have a silver lining if I can use the credit form my Founders X... what are the chances I can? Suppose to pick my X up Monday.

"Thank you for participating in our Model S referral program. Your outstanding efforts have earned you a free Tesla Powerwall. If you are not interested in receiving this product, you have the option of accepting a $3500 credit instead.This credit can be used towards the purchase of any new Model S or Model X, service visits, service plans, and certain accessories. Please select the option you prefer below:"

So it appears we can chose to get a credit instead of the powerwall from the referral contest. All my delays may have a silver lining if I can use the credit form my Founders X... what are the chances I can? Suppose to pick my X up Monday.

"Thank you for participating in our Model S referral program. Your outstanding efforts have earned you a free Tesla Powerwall. If you are not interested in receiving this product, you have the option of accepting a $3500 credit instead.This credit can be used towards the purchase of any new Model S or Model X, service visits, service plans, and certain accessories. Please select the option you prefer below:"

I sent a note to my DS this morning wanting to do the same thing.

Wow .... held off on placing my Founders Model X order until first part of January ...... got the call its built and on the truck ... looks like coming end of week first of next week .... then they say it needs to be checked out and prepped .... Founders #74 will be out the door ...... can't believe it's coming so quick ..... they also called to schedule the ludicrous upgrade on my S .... and the power wall email came in for the survey ..... looks like Tesla has kicked 2016 in gear ..... :)

Wow .... held off on placing my Founders Model X order until first part of January ...... got the call its built and on the truck ... looks like coming end of week first of next week .... then they say it needs to be checked out and prepped .... Founders #74 will be out the door ...... can't believe it's coming so quick ..... they also called to schedule the ludicrous upgrade on my S .... and the power wall email came in for the survey ..... looks like Tesla has kicked 2016 in gear ..... :)

My wife says she hates you. You were smart. Silly us, we thought by confirming quickly we would get our car earlier. Instead, confirming late gets you a car built off the line after the corrections and your car faster. Sigh.

A month turnaround is amazingly quick.. I don't know that Model S's even get that nowadays

Anyone had problems using the Tesla-credit on a new Model S? I ordered a new 70D as a waiting car (waiting time for the Founder X is too long..) and my DS says I cant use the credit for the car.. Only for accessories.

Yes ... it stunned me ... but I really think it's centered around wanting to get the special builds off the plate .... as I understand it they are winding down the Signatures also and the special Red will be off the assembly line .... at any rate they told me it would me built mid February, delivered around mid March hopefully .... and now its built and on the truck ..... still a wow ...... :) All my friends are asking me what the hell am I going to do with 2 Tesla's ....... my S got it's nose banged and is getting fixed and it looks like they both are going to be ready at the same time .... good I need my Tesla fix ..... :)